Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUSTRALIA IN FOUR WEEKS.......

Options
  • 14-02-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I’m planning to visit Australia for four weeks in a couple of months, here my potential itinerary, I’m hoping people can give me advice on weather this is a good itinerary or not?

1-4 in Sydney
    4-8 in Cairns
    8-9 in Ayers Rock
    10-11 in Canberra
    11-14 in Albury (Got to visit friends here)
    14-20 in Melbourne
    21-22 driving along the coast road
    22-27 Perth

I’m still in two minds in weather to visit Whitsundays?? Or the Gold Coast?

Can anyone suggest anything else I can do in this short period of time that I’ll be in Australia….

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I’m planning to visit Australia for four weeks in a couple of months, here my potential itinerary, I’m hoping people can give me advice on weather this is a good itinerary or not?

1-4 in Sydney
    4-8 in Cairns
    8-9 in Ayers Rock
    10-11 in Canberra
    11-14 in Albury (Got to visit friends here)
    14-20 in Melbourne
    21-22 driving along the coast road
    22-27 Perth

I’m still in two minds in weather to visit Whitsundays?? Or the Gold Coast?

Can anyone suggest anything else I can do in this short period of time that I’ll be in Australia….

Thanks

i think ur trying to squeeze way too much in to be honest with u,you're flying around the country I assume?

id drop cairns and canberra and spend more time on the east coast and visit fraser island/whitsundays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 toughgainer

jackncoke wrote: »
    i think ur trying to squeeze way too much in to be honest with u,you're flying around the country I assume?

id drop cairns and canberra and spend more time on the east coast and visit fraser island/whitsundays

Yeah I'm flying around everywhere. I'm not too worried about the travel

So is Whitsundays a much better place than Cairns?? Its a toss up between them both tbh!

Any other advice is very much welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Have to agree with post above, that's too much to fit into a month, there's way too much travelling.

Are you flying in and out of Sydney or leaving from Perth?

If you have to go home from Sydney I'd just spend one/two days there at the start then fly to Cairns do some bungees etc, then go to Whitsundays and down to Fraser Island after that. Gold Coast is ok, nothing special, it's just like a holiday resort city sorta... Bungee there is only 40m so should be better in Cairns. Not sure what weather will be like in the areas in a couple of months time but it's raining a lot in the north at the moment.

Haven't been to Melbourne or Perth myself so don't know what they're like. If you're a beach person & like surfing then you should spend a fair bit on the east side, tonnes of deadly beaches there.

I'd say Canberra is probably a bit boring.

I'm just back a week (one month hol) and I had a wicked time, enjoy!!

Keith186 wrote: »
    Have to agree with post above, that's too much to fit into a month, there's way too much travelling.

Are you flying in and out of Sydney or leaving from Perth?

If you have to go home from Sydney I'd just spend one/two days there at the start then fly to Cairns do some bungees etc, then go to Whitsundays and down to Fraser Island after that. Gold Coast is ok, nothing special, it's just like a holiday resort city sorta... Bungee there is only 40m so should be better in Cairns. Not sure what weather will be like in the areas in a couple of months time but it's raining a lot in the north at the moment.

Haven't been to Melbourne or Perth myself so don't know what they're like. If you're a beach person & like surfing then you should spend a fair bit on the east side, tonnes of deadly beaches there.

I'd say Canberra is probably a bit boring.

I'm just back a week (one month hol) and I had a wicked time, enjoy!!

Cheers! Yeah im flying into Sydney and out of Perth...

Just thought as I have to go to Albury I might as well go to Canberra! Might change this though..

Not particularly a beach person but do like them... I hear its mega expensive to stay in Ayers Rock? Does anyone know of any cheaper options? Only staying there a night so don’t really care where I stay

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭niborm

Sounds like a grueller of a holiday with all that moving about but anyways IMO

Gold Coast is a dump - skip it.
    Cairns is boring, but if you are going there, go to Port Douglas or Cape Tribulation nearby - they are much nicer, and if you are into diving/snorkelling, they are near the reef.
    Whitsundays are nice if you like sailing/boating? Not a good trip if you don't.
    Why not fly into Cairns, then make your way down the coast and on to Albury (skipping Canberra ;)) from there to save doubling back?
    Fraser Island is a good bet.
    Melbourne is a great city and there is loads to do in the surrounds if you rent a car - Grampian NP, Wilsons Prom, Great Ocean Road etc.
    When in Perth, give Rottnest a visit - lovely spot.

• Advertisement

Lads and Lasses!

Is there any cheap hostels in Whitsundays on the island or in Ayers Rock? Difficult to find... Ayers Rocks appears to be an awful rip off, suppose no towns for miles around, a massive tourist trap, this will always be the case....

Thank for all the help so far

Advertisement