Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACE party hire.... never again

Options
  • 15-02-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I have never in my life been in a shop with staff so rude and unhelpful in all my life.
    While looking for 2 of the same costumes for myself and a friend we were informed we could not try them on. I kinda expected this as they were in those plastic packets. We were allowed to take them out and look at them.
    Anyway I asked if it was ok if we paid for 1 and tried it on before we decided if we wanted a second one. I thought it was a reasonable suggestion. Anyway, the young staff member said it would be ok, when an older lady sneered and said to her 'they can't try it on in here'. The worst part was we were standing right in front of her at the time yet she was too rude to address us in person. We then asked if they had a mirror so we could hold it up in front of us to get an idea of what it would look like. we were told we were not allowed to do that and that she would get us a small mirror that we could look in at the counter..... i mean WTF?????!!!! I just handed back the item and left..... talk about trying your best to turn away business!!!!!

A previous time i went in we were also treated really badly by the staff, so much so that we returned all the items we had intended to buy, which was quite a lot, to the appropriate stands and left. I thought it was just because they were very busy as it was hallowe'en and decided i'd give them a second chance. How wrong i was.

A friend of mine was previously accused of failing to return a costume he had rented that had in fact been brought back.
    Another friend rented a costume there for 60 euro for the night. When he arrived at the fancy dress he met someone in the same suit that they had purchased elsewhere for 35 euro.

I definitely advise anyone looking for a costume to steer clear of this place.... unless they privately get a kick out of bad customer service!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement