Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best burgers/sandwiches in Dublin?

Options
  • 14-02-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Tried,

McDonalds, I think I tried Burger king before, tried Subway once(Italian BMT) and I've tried doner kebab(I don't know if doner kebabs can be counted as burgers or sandwiches but I liked them the most).

That's pretty much all I've tried. So do you guys know any other places for some nice burgers(can you recommend any?)? I don't know if there is "In 'n' Out" in Dublin, is there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Rick's Burgers on Dame Street. So good. Proper homemade burgers.

You probbaly would have been better posting in the Dublin forum btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

+1 for Ricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Jo Burger for burgers. In 'n' Out isn't in ireland unfortunately, great burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks guys, I'll give Rick and Jo a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Yeah another vote for Jo Burger in Rathmines, fantastic food! Quite different too.

There's also Gourmet Burger too in Ballsbridge which is nice and Dún Laoghaire though I haven't been to that one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Bobos on wexford Street is good,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

bobos has very high quality burgers , give them try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

1. Bobo's
    2. Gourmer Burger
    3. Jo Burger

I am burger crazy.... And those are my top three

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭highdef

Macari, Inchicore beside the Apple Green gas station.....best southern fried chicken breast burgers EVER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Real Gourmet Burger in Dun Laoghaire is savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Kenno90 wrote: »
    bobos has very high quality burgers
    I found that the meat doesn't have enough fat content to be a good burger, and the chips are rotten, taste like metal. I also think it's a bit stingy that they stick a thing of paper at the bottom of the pail of chips to make you think the portion is bigger than it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

MIN2511 wrote: »
    1. Bobo's
    2. Gourmer Burger
    3. Jo Burger

I am burger crazy.... And those are my top three

I agree wholeheartedly with this list.

I think we should get married - you can be my burger queen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

tribulus wrote: »
    Yeah another vote for Jo Burger in Rathmines, fantastic food! Quite different too.

There's also Gourmet Burger too in Ballsbridge which is nice and Dún Laoghaire though I haven't been to that one myself.

^ what he said! "the real gourmet buger co" in Ballsbridg & Dun Laoire - I've tried both - I love my burgers and this place is the best going. The best burger they have has got to be the "lamb jaipur". A spiced lamb burger *drooooooool* :)

Also in the temple bar market square on the weekends, there is a meat stall/butcher that has a grill beside it doing lovely lamb burgers on saturday mornings.. worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

The Porterhouse just off Grafton street does some good burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's a fairly new place on Talbot Street called Garibaldi's that does fantastic burgers.

Sort of like what Rick's used to be like... but I find Rick's isn't as good as it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

but I find Rick's isn't as good as it used to be.

I find that too. Still go in there the odd time but they're not quite up to the same standard as they were before.

Also they got rid of that guy on the mic who would call out your order number. I liked him! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Ricks is just a pile of unshaped mince served in uncomfortable, often messy surroundings. The food in Jo'Burger is great but the music is too loud and the bench type seating can be a bit cramped. BoBo's is in a building completely unsuitable for a sit-down restaurant; there's not even enough room on the table for your chips so they come in buckets which you hang from the side. The food is mediocre at best and the whole thing with large containers of Saxa etc is just contrived and stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

For me it would be ..
    • GBK (any of them)
    • BoBo's
    • The Woolshed
    The other night my eyes nearly jumped out of my head when, going by BoBo's in the back of a Taxi, I could see that they were still open and serving .. at 4am!

I remember so many times when I'd strolled up at 11pm and they'd have the closed sign up and just shrug and mouth we're closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I haven't tried it but two of my mates have been making my mouth water talking about that chicken place in Fairview, hillbillys I think it's called,must give them a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Stargal wrote: »
    Real Gourmet Burger in Dun Laoghaire is savage.
    Found the burgers and the chips to be very dry on the couple of times I was in.

Some of the best burgers I've got were from stalls at farmers markets, esp. the food market in Temple Bar on Saturdays. (I know it's not a burger but the roast pork rolls there are savage!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

yoyo wrote: »
    Bobos on wexford Street is good,

Nick

AhHA! Was racking my brain to remember the name, all I was getting was 'the cow place' :rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

My favourite at the moment is The Counter in Dundrum shopping centre. basically a build your own burger type menu. It's great. Get the 1lb burger with Monterey cheese, Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato with pepper sauce.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Another vote for Jo'Burger! Lamb Dobson and sweet potato fries. Play Scrabble while you're waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BloatedPope

As for sandwiches I recommend the Pig & Heifer across from Connolly Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Ricks are nice, but for what you get, it's an absolute rip off. I prefer their style burger than some places that give you a lump of mince almost in the shape of a ball instead of a flat patty.
    dubtom wrote: »
    I haven't tried it but two of my mates have been making my mouth water talking about that chicken place in Fairview, hillbillys I think it's called,must give them a lash.

Went to Hillbillys in Fairview after people raving about it. KFC is 20 times better. In fact, most chippers are better, so don't get your hopes up:(

GBK's are doing a great offer at the moment of any of there burgers before 5pm for €5 .. got two today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Best I've tried in town was BoBo's. Macari in Inchicore do a fantastic burger for a takeaway.

I've never understood people recommending Ricks. I've tried it on and off over the years and never had a great burger. It's always been on the same level as an average take away burger......... just that it costs more.

I've never understood people recommending Ricks.

They have a big sign that says 'best burgers' or something and 'homemade' sign also. I think people do be so pi**ed when they eat that they next day they just remember the signs and say 'Rick's do great burgers'.

I've eaten there and they are crap.

Zaytoon is about the best that's open late - although, BoBo's was open late last week. GBK for €5 a burger is great value though. Hope they make this offer a permanant one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The Gourmet burger place in the pavilion, Swords. Lovely burgers with interesting toppings, the staff can be quite annoying though.

As for sambo's, theres a sambo shop called something like "del Suiz" at the corner of Mt Joy street and Bleesington street that make fresh GI bread sambo's (and many other breads) every day. I get the Salami, spicy chicken, pickles and stuffing on GI., its heaven in a paper wrapper. :)

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    The Gourmet burger place in the pavilion, Swords.

That's one of the GBK's ..

Advertisement