Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best burgers/sandwiches in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Tribeca in Ranelagh do a great burger for between €10 and €12.50 - you also get decent chips and a little salad with that. Better than any of the other burger places.

Although for value, GBK for €5 before 5pm wins hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Liked Bobo's but it was always closed when I fell out of Whelans. Rick's but I'm usually drunk so it might be terrible. Chicken Shish in Zaytoon, not a burger but good eatin' (and let's not forget Charlies 2 in TB as well). Refused to go into the GBK as it was a rip-off but heard about the special offers so I'll be in.

Sambos I mostly eat in The Bakery up by the Turks Head in Temple Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Best I've tried in town was BoBo's. Macari in Inchicore do a fantastic burger for a takeaway.

I've never understood people recommending Ricks. I've tried it on and off over the years and never had a great burger. It's always been on the same level as an average take away burger......... just that it costs more.

Was in that Macaris last week, they do a good snack box too. Not the usual dried out chicken you normally get. Have to try their burgers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

OK, reviving this thread after more burger disappointment.

After having burgers in about 100 places in dublin over the years, I think I can safely say I've NEVER had a decent burger in dublin. The most simple of foods, but no one can do it right. Even Gourmet Burger aren't great. Forget about eddie rockets. I should open a burger place, do 1 item, a dressed burger and make a fortune. A simple big al burger (1/4 or 1/3 pounder), flame grilled, fresh bun and decent dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

mmmmm burgers.......

captain americas does lovely burgers,

joels on the naas road do lovely huge ones too.

gbk are reliable enough for a good one.that 5euro offer is very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Quint wrote: »
    A simple big al burger (1/4 or 1/3 pounder), flame grilled, fresh bun and decent dressing.
    What? Big Al burgers? Do you know what MRM is?

Go to you butcher, point at a steak, ask him to mince it, go home, make it yourself.

Even I, someone with all the culinary skills of a anorexic quadriplegic, can manage to cook a proper mince-meat burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

no mention of burdocks yet?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

no mention of burdocks yet?!!

They only sell Batter Burgers, don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Merrion Inn bar do great burgers
    Also, I'm a sucker for the Smokestack in Eddie Rockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

NothingMan wrote: »
    My favourite at the moment is The Counter in Dundrum shopping centre. basically a build your own burger type menu. It's great. Get the 1lb burger with Monterey cheese, Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato with pepper sauce.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................:p

+1 from me. A brilliant idea, Im amazed it took so long for someone to do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm amazed we didn't have our order taken after waiting 25minutes, and so left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Word on the street is that Eddie Rockets in Donnybrook are turning into a The Counter. They're owned by the same company, and given the relatively solubrious location, it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr Lahey

Wimpy burger in rathnew do a pretty tasty burger. I've always driven by
    thinking that place looks like a sh*thole but i was leppin with the hunger today and was quite surprised,would recommend the double decker.
    However the best burger in the country bar none is the classic beef with cheese in the porterhouse north near phibsboro. Holy christ it is a fantastic burger. Washed down with a freezing cold budvar. It will not be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

NothingMan wrote: »
    My favourite at the moment is The Counter in Dundrum shopping centre. basically a build your own burger type menu. It's great. Get the 1lb burger with Monterey cheese, Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato with pepper sauce.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................:p

+1

The Counter is sooooooo good + the chips + milkshakes are unbelievable!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got a delicious burger in the Bull and Castle! They even recommend what beer will go best with it :D Burger and a pint of Erdinger Weiss. True love!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

crunch cafe on georges street does a quite tasty sandwich. and are reasonably priced for what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Just bought a burger an hour ago out of a van outside the O2 .. took one bite and now me don't feel too good :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mr Lahey wrote: »
    Wimpy burger in rathnew do a pretty tasty burger. I've always driven by
    thinking that place looks like a sh*thole but i was leppin with the hunger today and was quite surprised,would recommend the double decker.
    Bump. :)

Is that the one attached to a garage just a little off the motorway? I'll agree if it is. Stopped in there once starving, didn't like the look of the place but had no choice... absolutely lovely! I have cleaned the place out on a number of occasions since; can't say enough good things about it.

Another one is the organic burger in Green 19. The place looks quite poncey from the outside, but it's got a really nice layout and ambience (and a small upstairs area that you can rent out, I hear) and the staff are very friendly. €10 for one of the best burgers around, and a huge portion of good chips, too. Recommended.

Otherwise, going to say Bobos as well.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

GBK are currently running a 2 for 1 offer on burgers! Had one yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

wixfjord wrote: »
    GBK are currently running a 2 for 1 offer on burgers! Had one yesterday!

Is that at all times or just during the day (ie, 9-5... when I'm stuck in work!)?

Their falafel burger is delicious! :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

At all times! You need a voucher though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ruddellmander

Some Like It Hot in Drumcondra for a Jalapeno Kebab with extra Jalapenos!!! YES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

wixfjord wrote: »
    At all times! You need a voucher though

Brilliant, I just found the voucher online! Thanks!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

I'd say Elephant & Castle if you can tear yourself away from the chicken wings.
    Ricks isnt as good as it was, but still great.

GBKs arent that good at all, mediocre burgers made to look posh so people think its some kind of top notch foodie fare.
    Bobos is good, but its too far out of the way

Advertisement