Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba 42 inch LCD XV series 620 euros Argos

• 14-02-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

There was a poster in Argos the other day advertising a Toshiba 42 inch LCD for in and around 620 euros. When I checked on the the stock checker it said it was available for "home delivery only" which of course might add 20 euros to the price if outside Dublin but even still great bargain.
    The TV was XV series and is 42 inch.
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1835641/art/toshiba/regza-42xv555db-lcd-telev.html

Im sure it said the deal is on till the 23rd or 24th till stocks last.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'm guessin its the Irish version of this offer. A good deal i guess but nothing spectacular. That tv is a bit dated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

True indeed, it does have some good features but lacks 24fps for one.
    Still a nice in store price and it is strange how it isn't on the irish website yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

My brother has this particular model. It is decent quality (esp at that price), but doesn't look quite as clear as my Sony Bravia e.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Is this the TV?

Argos.co.uk

Looked like a good tv for the money and cheaper still in the north. was think of getting it delivered to a relative in the North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

What is the general view on this TV? My mother is looking for a 42" LCD and I saw this offer in Argos the other day. She wouldn't really be using it for much, actually you could easily summarise her usage as follows.

* Watching TV

Not even Sky HD TV at that (nor DVD player, console of any sort and Blue Peter is the closest she will get to Blu-Ray). She will eventually get a sky HD box but has no plans to at the moment. She currently has a 'no brand' 36" LCD TV but it got scratched by her grandson and she wants a 42" now. It would make sense to get a HD TV for her now as she will hang on to whatever she gets now for several years.

I had tried to goad her into a trip up North but frankly getting her to go into town in a chore in itself so I may as well right that off.

For 600 odd yoyo's should I tell her to just get this one. Alternatively can anyone else recommend a delivered (midlands), 42" LCD, and preferably a brand name of sorts for a similar price.

Cheers Boardies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

vI have this tv. It is great.
    Full hd xbox going through and its looks amazing, regular analogue tv is great aslo, not seeing any ghosting like on my last tv, it has an exact scan function for when connecting a hdmi through pc.
    there is adjustable backlight setting also which is cool.
    blu ray movies look great played through pc. cannot fault it. 3 hdmi connections;
    only one downfall of this tv and it is that the component and composite inuts atre both on input 3 meaning if both are plugged in together the composite gets preference!!??, so if you're going to have composite and component inputs you have to manually unplug composite cables to egt the component working..very odd but certainly doesn't pose a problem for me. This tv surpasses my quality expectations, the picture is fantastic, a lot better than many other mainline tv's I've seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Senna wrote: »
    Is this the TV?

Argos.co.uk

Looked like a good tv for the money and cheaper still in the north. was think of getting it delivered to a relative in the North.

That's it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Also
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5293520/Trail/searchtext%3ELCD.htm

Acoustic Solutions LCD42805HDF 42in HD Ready Digital LCD TV. * £399.99 = €456.63
    529/3520
    # Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
    # Brightness 500 cd/m2.
    # Contrast ratio 1000:1.

Reviews
    http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/5293520/reviews.htm

The Tosh by comparison 499.99 GBP = 565.862 EUR
    # Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels.
    # Brightness 500cd/m2.
    # Contrast ratio 25000:1.

Advertisement