Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The ending of Up in the Air totally ruined the whole film for me. The ridiculous twist was bad enough, but then there's the "message" that Reitman tries to ram down your throat in the last 5 minutes. I've never felt so betrayed by a film.

I didnt have a problem with the ending at all,
    its pretty refreshing to see a movie where everything doesnt work out the way you want it to, he lets his guard down and falls for someone and its goes badly, life goes on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The Vera Farminga body double was SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Use spoilers ffs! I mean seriously you should know better!

was my post a spoiler??:( *confused

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

fitzgooble wrote: »
    a siberian film - hillarious!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Currently watching demi moore in striptease on itv:D
    She just took her top off!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Just finished watching : I saw the devil. Korean movie about a serial killer. Jesus, tough going, some parts are gruesome and it's 2 hours 20 mins long. Fcuking glued to it though, excellent movie.
    Watched The Chaser last week on a reccomendation from someone here. Gory as fcuk also but brilliant.
    You couldn't be watching too many of those Korean movies close together, they are hard going but usually really good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Just finished watching : I saw the devil. Korean movie about a serial killer. Jesus, tough going, some parts are gruesome and it's 2 hours 20 mins long. Fcuking glued to it though, excellent movie.
    Watched The Chaser last week on a reccomendation from someone here. Gory as fcuk also but brilliant.
    You couldn't be watching too many of those Korean movies close together, they are hard going but usually really good.

Korean cinema just gives and gives. For lighter fare; I recommend Blades of Blood or Miss Staff Sergeant.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Rango in cinema liked it alot funny and weird looking characters in it looked fab on big screen.8/10
    Machete on blu-ray Started off like a house on fire but soon tailed off was disappointed with it 6/10
    Due date again blu-ray had some grt stand out scenes and generated some painfully funny moments but just not enough of them.7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I haven't watched it yet but I'm going to watch Woyzeck later.

Anyone seen it?

I'm led to believe Ian Curtis viewed it immediately prior to him committing suicide.

I don't expect the film to have such a drastic effect on me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I haven't watched it yet but I'm going to watch Woyzeck later.

Anyone seen it?

I'm led to believe Ian Curtis viewed it immediately prior to him committing suicide.

I don't expect the film to have such a drastic effect on me.

Haven't seen it, believe it's gathering dust in a Herzog boxset in my room though! Let us know what it's like, always hard to tell which Herzog stuff is good mental and which are just mental mental.

• Advertisement

Haven't seen it, believe it's gathering dust in a Herzog boxset in my room though! Let us know what it's like, always hard to tell which Herzog stuff is good mental and which are just mental mental.

I've seen about 8 or 9 Herzog and the only one I haven't rated is the Bad Lieutenant remake.

Couple of mates have arrived with tins so Woyzeck is out for tonight, and also tomorrow for obvious reasons. I'll watch it friday instead and post up what it's like.

Herzog and Kinski, it CANNOT be bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I've seen about 8 or 9 Herzog and the only one I haven't rated is the Bad Lieutenant remake.

Couple of mates have arrived with tins so Woyzeck is out for tonight, and also tomorrow for obvious reasons. I'll watch it friday instead and post up what it's like.

Herzog and Kinski, it CANNOT be bad.

It's compelling but not in a laugh out loud way.

Have you seen The Enigma of Casper Hauser? Awesome.

old hippy wrote: »
    It's compelling but not in a laugh out loud way.

Have you seen The Enigma of Casper Hauser? Awesome.

Compelling is good enough, I wasn't expecting too many laughs anyhoo.

Shamefully I've yet to view Casper Hauser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deblen

has anyone seen the 'rite'....i luv horror or anything supernatural:)....post ur comments plz.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

watching The International right now...it's absolute garbage. definitely one to avoid. 2/10.

watching The International right now...it's absolute garbage. definitely one to avoid. 2/10.

Lies, it may not be the truly spectacular action film the trailer depicted but it remains a pretty damn good film with one of the all time great shoot outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Deadwood Season 3

Its such a great tv series this, i really wish they didnt just stop it after S3 and should have done another series. Great show anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Yeah The International was total pants, not even someone like Watts could save it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

Just watched "Inside job" Political documentary of the collapse of the global financial system, narrated by Matt Damon.

Absolutely fantastic, to think that it went on and the people are still working today is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Watched a film called "Boy A" yesterday. Brilliant film, directed by John Crowley. It's about a guy who gets out of jail and is given a new identity but things go wrong. Great film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

blodvyn wrote: »
    Just watched "Inside job" Political documentary of the collapse of the global financial system, narrated by Matt Damon.

Absolutely fantastic, to think that it went on and the people are still working today is crazy!
    Yep, some in the Obama administration too, horrifying.
    And it seems like they're all loaded so even if they were fired they could probably do just fine!
    Even if they didn't have a load of scumbag friends to give them a new job.

A good kick in the face is what they need... from everyone who lost their job as a result of their greed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rocky IV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Ten commandments - all 3½ hours! Rubbish movie with some of the worst acting ever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jackass 3D - Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Saw "Jackboots on Whitehall". Not a bad film. Puppets like Team America, set during WW2. The ending had me in fits of giggles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RopeDrink wrote: »
    horror films
    Know of any good horror comedies, along the lines of "Dog Soldiers" and "Doghouse"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

the_syco wrote: »
    Know of any good horror comedies, along the lines of "Dog Soldiers" and "Doghouse"?

Shaun of the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Paranormal activity 2 -- CRAP ! Is that supposed to be frightening ?

SH*T, what was the 1st one like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just finished watching On Golden Pond. Henry Fonda, Katherine Hepburn & Jane Fonda. Had heard a lot about this movie, part of if it focused on a difficult father daughter relationship which was quite close to real life situation for the Fondas.

Great movie with great perfomances. Henry Fonda got an oscar for his performance. Jane wasn't in it as much as I expected and I thought maybe things were resolved between quite quickly. The young child was quite good.

Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Rewatched Back to the Future after playing the game gave me the itch again (I'll treasure that trophy for
    recreating the movie's dialogue
    ). Hadn't seen it in a while so it gave me a chance to appreciate the little things I'd forgotten about like the delivery of "That was so stupid, Grandpa hit him with the car!"

250px-Twin_pines_mall.jpg250px-Lone_pine_mall.jpg

*mind asplodes*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement