Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I saw Ratatouillie last night, surprisingly good!

Also watched "Defiance" after it, not a happy film but an engrossing true story based in WWII.

Both definetly worth a watch.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Tango and Cash - Pure and utter delicious cheese. What a fantastically ludicrous movie. Loved every bit.

Point Break - Had never seen this but its a classic cop movie again. Really cheesy in places but good fun.

God I wanna go blow stuff up now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Exit Wounds - can't beat the odd bit of mindless violence now and then.
    Lake Placid - not really a good film but Oliver Platt, Brendan Gleeson and Betty White make it worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

12 Monkeys, great film.
    Bronson, interesting in parts but pretty disappointing overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Miss March - best bits are in the trailer, it's crap basically.

I Love You Man - ok, nothing special, Jon Favreau was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gameonade_com

Firts of all I would like to say hello to all of you.

I would recommend a movie My Best Friend Girl. If you like comedies. I saw it couple times and still like it, so I think it is a really good movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

turned off -50 dead men walking- about 30 mins in, crap movie, he happens to walk by a bombing he had driven a guy to earlier in the day..plausibility vacuum,

knowing is a good dvd , critics hate it as it presents the bleak scenario that the day the earth stood still presents, a universe that is random and dangerous,

pelham 123 - entertaining..if you go with it and as always do not read one review so that u nothing about the plot... reviews always reduce movie experience by spoiling plot..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

knowing is a good dvd

I absolutely hated Knowing. The only thing the DVD would be good for is the spare case.

Most recently saw Apollo 13. Made me want to be an astronaut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kelly7589

Blade Runner - Directors Cut....Think I may need to watch the final cut..I prefer the movie WITH the narration and whats with the abrupt ending in the directors cut? Fantastic movie either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

caught parts of that alien car movie with charlie sheen the wraith wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Lies and Illusions. Garbage. Christian Slater hams it up all the way through because he knows no one will take this film seriously. He Was a Quiet Man is the last decent film he appeared in.

Road Trip 2. No surprise it went straight to DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I was just flicking channels & came across The Usual Suspects on RTE 2. I love that film. The whole cast is outstanding in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Bruno: wasn't expecting much, but still came out disappointed.
    Moon: indie sci-fi, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

Saw Moon last week, would highly recommend it.
    Watched The Cottage and Eraser last night.
    The Cottage was disappointing. Seemed to be trying to hard with very little reward.
    Eraser may not be Arnie's best work and haven't seen it since I saw it in the cinema whenever it came out. I really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

"The Thing"

Was pretty ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Martyrs - Hard going. A girl, with the help of a friend, gets revenge on the people who tortured her. Has a little more going for it than just a gore fest but still...its Hard going.

Mission Impossible 3 - Really enjoyed this. Easily better than the second one; perhaps on par with the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Watched Hoosiers on tv this morning. Gene Hackman as solid and reliable as you'd expected, film was mildly enjoyable if rife with every sports movie cliched, and a pretty dodgy 80s score. Solid 3 star entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Miss Congeniality 2 - It was fairly rubbish but I love Sandra Bullock for some reason. Girl crush

Beowulf - Ok I loved this. I've not seen an animated movie like this. It looks like they had filmed the actors previously & then did the animation based off of that. The performances were great & the animation was just out of this world, loved it loved it loved it. Very gorey & violent too, which you can do more of when animating I guess.

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Knowing - didn't like this movie. Can't believe some critic actually said it was awesome:confused:

Human Traffic - Was an enjoyable movie.

Punisher : War Zone - Liked this. Basically was the sort of movie I expected it to be.

The Mask - Been years since I'd watched this. Still a fun movie.

The Land of the Lost - Decent enough movie.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

OLDBOY- Korean revenge film definetly worth a watch

Nine Queens- Argentinian Con movie cool movie

Big Toruble in little china- Classic film dnt need to say any more.

Marley & Me- Very nice film especially if your a dog lover.

Bolt- Best animated film ive seen in a while.

Wanted- Great film for stting back switching the brain off and just enjoying the action.

Bruno- Brilliant film go watch as long as youre not easily offended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 CurlieSue

Have seen these in the last couple of weeks

Gran Torino - very enjoyable, really liked it

Burn After Reading - greatest waste of precious life, seriously dont bother!!!!!

The Proposal - really light and funny

The Unborn - mmm... middle of the raod

Marley & Me - excellent film, one of my favourites, will be buying it on dvd and playing it over and over

And one seen Angels and Demons?

lestat72 wrote: »
    I recently watched Pineapple express, who on earth thought this was funny i laughed once thru the whole movie.... NOT FUNNY. And as for tropic thunder one word for it dull.

MEEEEEEE!!!! and the rest of the cinema was in stitches!!! it was ssoooo funny :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

CurlieSue wrote: »

And one seen Angels and Demons?

Yeah. I found it okay. It was boring at times though. I didn't think it was anything special but was entertaining. Some great shots of Rome too.

vickey christina barcelona... what a load of trash :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

CurlieSue wrote: »
    vickey christina barcelona... what a load of trash :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Watched this a coupla weeks ago - first Woody Allen film I enjoyed in a loooooooong time....seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

A History of Violence - I'd seen it once before but had forgotten what a great film it is, entertaing and thought-provoking.

Martyrs - little disappointed by this as I was expecting more after some of the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

Wreck wrote: »
    A History of Violence - I'd seen it once before but had forgotten what a great film it is, entertaing and thought-provoking.

Martyrs - little disappointed by this as I was expecting more after some of the reviews.

'Tis excellent indeed, as is 'Eastern Promises', another Cronenberg film starring Mortensen - this time about the Russian Mafia in London....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The Land of the Lost- a poor movie

The Soloist - I really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Took a step back in time & watched Krull, an 80's fantasy film.

I was glad I watched it again after all this time but it does look dated now & it would definitely be one more for the kids unless you are a big fantasy film fan.

Liam Neeson & Robbie Coltrane are in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

Off work for a few weeks so catching up on those classics...

Sopranoes box set - from pilot to quirky ending - excellent stuff; a riddle to be deciphered every minute

Mario Puzo's The Godfather trilogy boxset - most wonderful opening line of any film:
    "I believe in America."
    After watching Pacino in The Godfather, had to rewatch:

Scent of a woman - anyone with an alcoholic in their family will inherently understand this film

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement