Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Galvasean wrote: »
    He was pretty good in The Passion of the Christ, although i think he's been living off it for some time now.

Watched Dumb & Dumber last. I must have seen it 40 times at this point, still makes me laugh every time.

He was damn good in Frequency as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

The only thing I've watched recently worth mentioning was The Nines. it wasnt what I expected at all but I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

'Bunman - The Untold Story'

Weird Asian film about an employee who murders a resturant owner and takes over the running of the resturant in Macau.

Very odd flick, with some nasty moments,
    the killing of the owners children is particularly horrible.

But it's let sown by some awful "comedy" cops that look like they've wandered in from another film.

All in all, worth the watch, but it's not for everyone, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

AI (???WTF)
    Phonebooth (meh)
    Magdalene Sisters (Good but sad)

Really liked the Magdalene Sisters. Didn't think I'd like it tbh but I did. Left me speechless at times and really had me thinking by the end of the film.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Watched Dumb & Dumber last. I must have seen it 40 times at this point, still makes me laugh every time.

Classic film!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Saw 'Big Man Japan' last night - the story of the last generation of protectors of Japan, who is tasked by the government to be on-call for electrocution whenever the country is under siege from monsters; the megavolts make him mega-big, and off he goes to save the day with cudgel in hand.

Problem with Sato-san is that he's somewhat less adept at saving Japan than his fore-fathers, his buffoonery causing damage all over town, and his TV ratings plummeting as a result (he's also part of a TV show).

Great watch, at times funny and touching, and at times as surreal as any Japanese film I've seen :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

watched Hurt Locker , pretty good , worth a watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

year one. lame

why does she have an english accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

state of play, surprisingly good movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm just back from 500 Days Of Summer.

Posted a review in the reviews forum, in short it's fucking awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wall Street
    Major League
    Major League 2

Awesome! :D

I appear to be on a Charlie Sheen buzz.

Next up, Crank 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

In Bruges,watched it last night on DVD,one of the best Brendan Gleeson films since The General.
    Brilliant performance by Colin Farrell if not one of the best,especially since he has his normal irish accent in the film unlike a american one (Swat,Phone Booth)
    in-bruges2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wall Street
    Major League
    Major League 2

Awesome! :D

I appear to be on a Charlie Sheen buzz.

Next up, Crank 2.

Going to watch 'Wall Street' tonight.

Never saw it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Watched "Donkey Punch" on friday, terrible film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

just saw an affair to remember today for the first time and i loved it! :) but i think anyone will only like it if you love sleepless in seattle, like me!

plus just watching cheaper by the dozen for the 1st time now, and for a kids movie from within the past 4yrs its quite watchable! more than i thought!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

At long last after having it in my DVD collection for years I watched City of God today, and I am delighted that I did. It was excellent and I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Watched "Donkey Punch" on friday, terrible film.

saw it a few weeks back , truly awfull , worst british movie ive ever seen , pity they didnt all die as every single charechter was repellant bar the girl who died 1st , she was ok

on a brighter note , watched sin city for the 3rd time last night , fantastic , only let down by the always awfull clive owen but at least hes only in one third of the movie and during that time you can focus on the delicsious rosario dawson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Tony EH wrote: »
    Going to watch 'Wall Street' tonight.

Never saw it before.
    Quality film, one of my many favorites. I'm looking forward to the sequel, Shia LeBeouf is the main man this time but Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen are reprising their roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

Just watched "I've loved you so long" with Kirsten Scott Thomas.....really really good. Def recommend it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Watched Crank 2 last night - my god, a movie full of nothing but awesomeness!!

Amy Short.... god damn!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

I'd never actually seen it before, a friend convinced me to watch it. Great film, absolutely fantastic. Terrific performances by Martin and Candy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

State of play: Generic, generic, generic. Utterly predictable. Ben Affleck shouldn't be allowed to act and Jason Bateman was a complete miscast. It's like they just made a list of every political intrigue film cliché and balled it up into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

District 9 - I really enjoyed it. It is great to see an original action film. I did prefer the documentary style parts to the more traditional action movie sequences though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TOP_TOP

whiteout. absolutely terrible. just felt to drag on throughout the entire length of the film. the ending had me wanting to ask for my money back. a terrrible film

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

District 9 - I really enjoyed it. It is great to see an original action film. I did prefer the documentary style parts to the more traditional action movie sequences though.

Have to agree with you, the action sequences made it look too 'hollywood' and changed the tone of the movie in a negative way.

Some others i've watched recently:

Inglourious Bastirds - Excellent movie, loved every minute. Great casting, great locations, great story, great everything.

The Hurt Locker - commented on this earlier, one of the best movies i have seen

Herr Lehmann - German comedy, it's hilarious and some of the camera work in the bar scenes are amazing.

The Counterfieters - Another excellent movie

I Love You Man - Thought this was very funny in places but a bit too much bromance at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thunderdan

Just watched 'The Wrestler' and 'Watchmen'. Wrestler was very good, really draws you into his life, Watchmen - very different superhero kind of film, but worth a watch nonetheless....

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

I just watched 500 Days of Summer.

In some ways it kinda comes from the cookie cutter school of "indie movies with mainstream appeal".

Familiar faces but no a-list stars. Check!
    Notable soundtrack including Belle & Sebastian. Check!
    Quirky female lead. Check!

Having said that though I really enjoyed the movie. Its a good yarn with the right amount of humour and drama that isn't doused in sickly sweet hollywood schmaltz.

Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

The Departed - It's been out a while but it's easily one of the best films I've seen this year. Absolutley superb cast (DiCaprio, Nicholson, Damon, Baldwin, Wahlberg and so on.) and the film is tense throughout. Good score too and Scorssese (sp?) directed it well, as ever. Genuinely brilliant.

The Brave One - Enjoyable vigilante movie. There's something about Foster in this, I thought she was mesmerising, very good role. The film lacks something though - maybe the fact it's a little hard to believe. Terrence Newman is also spot-on.

Derailed - Alright film. Dragged a little. Preferred the book even though the film was faithful, the book just seemed more thrilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

I'd never actually seen it before, a friend convinced me to watch it. Great film, absolutely fantastic. Terrific performances by Martin and Candy.

I watched this last night too, such a quality film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Wreck wrote: »
    I watched this last night too, such a quality film.

a funny and very warm film , such a pity john candy is no longer with us and steve martin has so long ago stopped making good movies , when i was about 12 , he was my favourite actor , circa 1989

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

I just watched 21 last night and I got drawn right into, it doesnt happen with many films not even some of the truely excellent ones, but I was completely submerged in the plot and loved all the charachters.

I'm not sure why I really loved it, but i did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement