Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

in recent days;

district9
    star trek
    the proposal
    transformers2
    pink panther 2
    the mummy - dragon emperor
    race to witch mountain
    year one.

quite a lot tripe; a few watchable ones and only one or two decent movies.

I was bored; don't be hatin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I watched The Wedding Planner on Sunday

Wow, it was really terrible. I like JLo but Matthew McConnaughey does my head in, plays the same character over & over.

Plot was very thin & just not funny nor romantic enough to win me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Club Dread (Love Broken Lizard movies, but they should stick to comedies)
    Clay Pigeons (Vaughan brilliant as Psycho)
    Watchmen (Surprised by how much I liked this given all that bad reports I heard)
    The Devil's Backbone (Brilliant)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Watchmen (Surprised by how much I liked this given all that bad reports I heard)

lol, me too. i even went out & got the "book" afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I watched The Boat That Rocked. I didn't expect too much but it was brilliant! Great characters, actors, humour, script and music. A brilliant feel good kind of film. I'd so far as to call it a gem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Monsters Inc again in HD, niiiice.

"Kitty!" Dawwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Recently I've watched Police Academy 1+2:o....Silly films but very enjoyable!

And Funny Farm with Chevy Chase, a very underrated movie. It's a very sweet comedy and Chevy is very likeable.

And The Fog by John Carpenter. Very atmospheric but a little short. Very good movie though.

And I watched another Chevy one a couple of weeks ago - Memoirs of an Invisible Man......Another underrated Chase film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Recently I've watched:

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging
    Disaster Movie
    Hancock
    Tropic Thunder
    Sweeney Todd
    Wanted

They haven't been good experiences. Think the last film I enjoyed was Kung Fu Panda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ridley wrote: »
    Recently I've watched:

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging
    Disaster Movie
    Hancock
    Tropic Thunder
    Sweeney Todd
    Wanted

They haven't been good experiences. Think the last film I enjoyed was Kung Fu Panda.

I'm sorry, what?

I saw Surrogates. It was very average, very by the numbers and easy to predict. Not a good film but it won't make you want to murder children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm sorry, what?

The sad thing, discounting myself, is that it was the best of that bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Films i have watched recently

I love you man
    The Hangover
    Gran Torino
    Benders Big Score

Gran Torino was the pick of the bunch but i quite enjoyed them all it must be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I've seen Gamer and 500 Days of Summer in the last couple of weeks. Enjoyed both. Nothing particularly special about either of them, but still reasonably good.

Loved 500 days of summer, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel are amongst my favourite actors around at the moment, have not seen gamer don't think I'll bother either.

Watched wall-e again for about the 10th time, god I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Last week I have mostly been watching;

Transformers 2 - what a steaming pile of crap, complete toss.

District 9 - I'm not a Sci-Fi fan at all but I really enjoyed it. Great human side to the story and the accents were great.

Point Break - about my tenth watching it but but I still love it. Brilliant film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I saw a bit of Seraphim Falls on telly, just noticed the two McPoyle brothers from Always Sunny in Philidelphia are in it together, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Watched Milk earlier. Brilliant film. And i can see why Sean Penn won an oscar for his role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

... And Now for Something Completely Different.

Basically a collection of Monty Python Sketches from the first two series.

I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

I've just finished watching rocky 4 with Ivan Drago.....what a great character....obviously inspired by Arnold. Unbeatable, and with killer phrases such as "You will lose", "If he dies, he dies" and "I must break you".

Good flick. Love the training scenes.

Dunno about paulie's robot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ulsteryank

They've been showing the Rocky series on the tube, I watched Rocky I, it's been a while, I didn't remember it being that great. I thought it was sweet this time!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Watched both Crank 2 and Ice Age 3 last night.

Neither are good by any stretch, suffice to say they won't be watched again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Crank 2 is well worth watching if only for a pole dancing Amy Smart! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

recently again;

crank2 - by far my movie of 2009 - GTA madness in a movie. :pac:
    gi joe - terrible at times but quite enjoyable.

been meaning to watch 'drag me to hell' but wasn't arsed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Watched a bluray copy of Star Trek yesterday....... wow!

Also watched Step Brothers - shíte.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Rented Blindness last night. I had moderate-to-reasonable expectations for this, but it was fairly poor and disappointing. The idea was interesting, but most of time I got the sense it felt really unsure of itself, not sure where it was going or wanted to go and just didn't feel like it had a lot of confidence behind it. Oh, and I felt it drifted into The Happening territory a few times which is never good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

watched rocky 4 just there what an awesome film the best music in a film ever scenes where rocky is traning are just great

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Toy story 3D. Wasnt enough 3d in it tbh. Regretted going cinema for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Haven't been watching a whole pile of late.

Saw Inglorious Bastereds which was very very random. Didn't know what to make of it at all.

And I watched Disney's Hercules for some reason...it was surprisingly ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Watched Pandorum this morning, thought it was a bit like Dead Space (PS3 game) Movie... until the last 20 minutes, not bad really, not great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Watched Rock n Rolla for the second time the other day. It truly is a brilliant movie. I'm pretty sure I can watch it again and again.

Although not a huge fan of gerard butler since the ugly truth... But everybody else was wonderful. Especially johnny quid. he has to be one of my favourite characters of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

KungPao wrote: »
    I've just finished watching rocky 4 with Ivan Drago.....what a great character....obviously inspired by Arnold. Unbeatable, and with killer phrases such as "You will lose", "If he dies, he dies" and "I must break you".

Good flick. Love the training scenes.

Dunno about paulie's robot though!

Great movie, also featured some of the most spectacular montage sequences ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

LazyClouds wrote: »
    Watched Rock n Rolla for the second time the other day. It truly is a brilliant movie. I'm pretty sure I can watch it again and again.

Although not a huge fan of gerard butler since the ugly truth... But everybody else was wonderful. Especially johnny quid. he has to be one of my favourite characters of all time.

Really??? :confused:

I thought it was OK, but mainly meh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement