Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Watched A Room For Romeo Brass for the first time last night, thought it was very good. I love This is England and Dead Man's Shoes so I had fairly high hopes for this - it didn't disappoint! Great performance by Paddy Considine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Seven - This was one of those film's that I always wanted to watch and only got around to doing so over the weekend, and I really enjoyed it. Well worth the watch. Fantastic ending as well.

The Ringer - A comedy where Johnny Knoxville tries to rig the special Olympics. Thats all im saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

The Ringer - A comedy where Johnny Knoxville tries to rig the special Olympics. Thats all im saying.

I'm almost willing to forgive it all it's sins for the "When the fuck did we get ice cream?" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

Do not go see this film;complete rubbish;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Well to be honest, if you saw who directed it and you saw the trailer for it then you should have known really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Dead Snow - A Zombie flick that appears to be made by upper middle class stoner film students. Amateurish at best, Dull and asinine at Worst. Just about fits into the comically bad category.

The Soloist - Decent enough for the first 3/4's, but I felt it should of been half an hour shorter. It comes to a crawling finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I just finished watching Almost Famous and although I have definitely seen it before somewhere, I had no recollection of the plot, characters or story at all so it was like watching a new movie. I enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Valmont wrote: »
    I just finished watching Almost Famous and although I have definitely seen it before somewhere, I had no recollection of the plot, characters or story at all so it was like watching a new movie. I enjoyed it a lot.

I like it aswell. Never seems to be that well known to me but got referenced in Not Another Teen Movie.

Just saw In Bruges which finally brakes the pattern of meh films I've seen lately. Approved it as soon as that dog judged Colin Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Valmont wrote: »

Just watched it for the second time with my mates yesterday. Its a good movie but its not great but its good for the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Seven - This was one of those film's that I always wanted to watch and only got around to doing so over the weekend, and I really enjoyed it. Well worth the watch. Fantastic ending as well.

I liked The Ringer, I dont get why people slate it for insulting the special olympics when it doesnt, it was made with their full support and approval and is one of the few movies to show people with mental disabilites as being just as funny as anyone else

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Dead Snow - A Zombie flick that appears to be made by upper middle class stoner film students. Amateurish at best, Dull and asinine at Worst. Just about fits into the comically bad category.

Any film with Nazi zombies cannot be described as dull ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Excellent argument, you win. Nazi zombies are amazing, I've been converted.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Kung Fu Panda is always a good watch.
    I think my sister just makes it seem funnier then it actually is tho, giggling every second word...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

"Oserve & Report" - theres an evening of my life i'm never getting back, absolute drivel

"I Love You Man" - Very funny, made me laguh out loud on more than one occassion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Zeitgeist - watch this documentary right now!!! Absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yes well guys like you said "Any film with fighting Robots that Transform cannot be described as dull ffs.", or "more Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies, that's not a bad thing ffs"... and frankly both of those ships have sailed.

I don't care if it's Nazi Zombies or Clones of Chuck Norris riding bareback on Ninja Raptors the first half of that film was incredibly dull and the second half was laughable bad, so bad.
    sillyputty wrote: »
    "I Love You Man" - Very funny, made me laguh out loud on more than one occassion.

Loved that movie. You know those irritating people on plane journeys who are watching some movie on their laptop and laughing out loud, yeah well that was myself and the missus watching that movie.

"projectile vomiting... that's a real thing! did you know that?" :D

Watched Roadhouse earlier, pure 80s awesomeness, mullets, knife fights, tai-chi, boobs, more fights, a monster truck, more boobs, Swayze ****ing people up on a monumental level, hell yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Watched The Soloist last night. By and large I thought it was very good, though it could have done without (for anyone that has seen it)
    the flashbacks. Foxx's character hearing voices just seemed a bit tacky to me, as if it was taken out of a bad horror.
    Strong performances from Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx.

Watched The Soloist last night. By and large I thought it was very good, though it could have done without (for anyone that has seen it)
    the flashbacks. Foxx's character hearing voices just seemed a bit tacky to me, as if it was taken out of a bad horror.
    Strong performances from Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx.

Does Foxx go full retard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

'Alpha Dog' with justin timberlake it was on tv last week. not a bad movie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

watched the departed last night , hated it as much the 2nd time , without doubt the most over rated movie made in the past decade

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Vicky Cristina Barcelona: not a huge Woody Allen fan, enjoyed this nonetheless and definitely improved by his not acting in it. Though you can easily imagine him delivering some of the lines. Very french new-wave influenced. Once again reminded the Penelope Cruz is a great actress.

Cloudy, with a chance of meatballs: As kid's animations go this is actually great fun, a crazy concept, a lot of very funny jokes and the 3-D is very impressive (unlike Ice Age 3-D which left me fairly cold :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

irish_bob wrote: »
    watched the departed last night , hated it as much the 2nd time , without doubt the most over rated movie made in the past decade

WHAT?! there's a film that's more overrated than Slumdog?! *gasps* *faint*

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Totally agree with irish_bob. I love Damon, Wahlberg and especially Scorsese but this film was a major let down.

I watched Shrooms last night. Really impressed although you knew how it would end.

Rocknrolla - Really enjoyed this. Although not a patch on Snatch or Lock, Stock it was entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

I watched Grave of the Fireflies last night - excellent film - very moving, would highly recommend it.

Also (as somone else posted) saw Cloudy with a chance of meatballs recently - was shocked as to how much I enjoyed this, very good. Voice overs include Bruce Campbell, Mr T and James Caan..

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yes well guys like you said "Any film with fighting Robots that Transform cannot be described as dull ffs.", or "more Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies, that's not a bad thing ffs"... and frankly both of those ships have sailed.

I don't care if it's Nazi Zombies or Clones of Chuck Norris riding bareback on Ninja Raptors the first half of that film was incredibly dull and the second half was laughable bad, so bad.

Loved that movie. You know those irritating people on plane journeys who are watching some movie on their laptop and laughing out loud, yeah well that was myself and the missus watching that movie.

"projectile vomiting... that's a real thing! did you know that?" :D

Look, it wasn't amazing or anything but just good fun. I wasn't being entirely serious with my 'can't be dull' comment but it does apply with this film. Probably give it a 7/10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

tech2 wrote: »
    Funny Games U.S. - One of the best films I've seen in a while, if your into a ruthless violent type of film.

um, it has no violence. kinda the point of it.
    the german original is better. the atmosphere just isnt right in the american one.

i watched Away We Go the other week. not a bad film but ultimately not that good either. there is little point in it other then the different characters the main couple meet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Watched it last night for the first time and had a different experience to you by the sounds of it.I had already decided I wouldn't like it and was fully expecting to say afterwards "overrated piece of crap" but I can happily say I was wrong. I guess my expectations were so low as I love the original HK films and I feel Scorsese's best days are behind him but I was just forgetting what a great craftsman he is so he was still able to make it enjoyable. Not a classic but an above average cops n robbers flick.

"Who the f*ck are you?!"
    "I'm the guy who does his job, you must be the other guy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

watched last night. . .

Surveillance - guessing this might have been covered in this forum before and probably divided people at the time but well worth checking out.

Columbus day - total waste of time.

• Advertisement

Surveillance

Is her directing anything like her fathers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement