Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Dead Snow - not a great film by any means, but I got a few laughs out of it, the blonde bird is hot, and it has some great OTT gore effects.

Doghouse - Crap brit zombie comedy flick. Bit of a laugh all the same :pac:

Trick 'r Treat - meh. I wouldn't call it crap but doesnt deserve the high review scores its got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Wait what? How can they be in HD if they're not on Blu ray yet (I know some people think there's a fourth Indy movie but it never happened I tells ya! ridiculous!)

Felon was great.

Sky Movies HD are showing them anyway. Nothing got to do with Blu-ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

i watched the DCU animated film Superman: Doomsday. it's a bit funny coz it's actually better than Superman Returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

finally watched "Drag Me to Hell".

Good, didn't think it was anything special (maybe i missed the point!) tho. Liked the ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Zombieland, awesome

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This is England - good movie but ended a little abruptly for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

28 Days Later. One of my favourite films. I absolutely love the scenes filmed in an empty London. I never got around to watching 28 Weeks later but I probably will soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Futurism wrote: »
    28 Days Later. One of my favourite films. I absolutely love the scenes filmed in an empty London. I never got around to watching 28 Weeks later but I probably will soon.

I prefered 28 Weeks tbh, 28 Days has a great first half but the bit with the soldiers just annoyed me, all the stuff in London is fantastic though, what is it with Danny Boyle and fantastic first halves of movies that fall apart at the end, Sunshine being another example

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Surrogates, could have been better but fun enough movie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

krudler wrote: »
    I prefered 28 Weeks tbh, 28 Days has a great first half but the bit with the soldiers just annoyed me

ah come on it's just 1 minute long, how couldn't you like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I've been on a good run, actually:

Telstar, the Joe Meek biopic. Small target audience, but well worth seeing.
    JCVD, Van Damme's Godardesque, postmodern gem.
    Yes Man. Well, it's got Zooey Deschanel in it... :rolleyes:
    An Education. And the Oscar goes to... Carey Mulligan (I hope). :)
    Up: believe the hype.
    Zombieland: All killer, no filler (literally). :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Futurism wrote: »

always thought that movie was over rated but then again i hated shaun of the dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

looking for eric, such a great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Hunger - Still very undecided against it, didnt think it was great ... I felt it was lacking.. a good story to tell, yet not told brilliantly.

Up - my favourite movie ever as an from the date i saw it :)

Lion King - what can i say, a contender for the #1 spot!

My Sisters Keeper - cried like a baby, absolutly brilliant movie, tugs at heartstrings!

Hangover - fantastic! Hilarious, a really good movie where your tummy hurts from laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Just finished watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

What a film!

I watched the English extended version. Almost 3hrs.

Some dodgy dubbing (I hate dubbed movies), but it doesn't take away from the greatness.

And what a score!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

KungPao wrote: »
    Just finished watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

What a film!

I watched the English extended version. Almost 3hrs.

Some dodgy dubbing (I hate dubbed movies), but it doesn't take away from the greatness.

And what a score!

make sure to catch "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a few dollars more" if you haven't seen them - TGTBATU is probably the best of the 3 but the other 2 are class also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

The Good, the Bad and The Ugly is the greatest movie ever! Should have got the Oscar for 'The Greatest Movie Ever!', however that went to Highlander or so Ricky Bobby said.

Just seen Zombieland at the weekend, and would recommend it to everyone. It has just pipped Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers for the best Cameo role!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Assassination of a High School President
    Noir high school detective type comedy, like Brick but lighter.
    Bruce Willis and Mischa Barton in it, pretty good

loyatemu wrote: »
    make sure to catch "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a few dollars more" if you haven't seen them - TGTBATU is probably the best of the 3 but the other 2 are class also.

i perfer a few dollars more to the good , bad and annoying guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

The Strangers - Tiresome and sadistic home invasion movie in which bad things happen to good people for no reason. (It's one of these 'message' movies. I get it already). Watch Ils (Them) or Funny Games to see European versions of the same film or just turn on the news.

Death Proof - There's more style in any one scene of Death Proof than the whole of The Strangers.

Tarantinos love letter to car chase movies of the seventies. A bit too much dialogue but Kurt Russell is great as Stuntman Mike. He's equally repulsive and pathetic. Great soundtrack too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Decuc500 wrote: »

Death Proof - There's more style in any one scene of Death Proof than the whole of The Strangers.

Tarantinos love letter to car chase movies of the seventies. A bit too much dialogue but Kurt Russell is great as Stuntman Mike. He's equally repulsive and pathetic. Great soundtrack too.

Ah, Deathproof... easily the most boring film of the decade:rolleyes:
    how i loath it so.

Decuc500 wrote: »
    The Strangers - Tiresome and sadistic home invasion movie in which bad things happen to good people for no reason. (It's one of these 'message' movies. I get it already). Watch Ils (Them) or Funny Games to see European versions of the same film or just turn on the news.

love that song the girls in car are listening to before they are put through the grinder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I wanted Kurt Russel to win in Death Proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I wanted Kurt Russel to win in Death Proof.

So did I actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ne le dis à personne

A most excellent film. I hope they show it on Film Four soon as part of their French movie season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ne le dis à personne

A most excellent film. I hope they show it on Film Four soon as part of their French movie season.

Really good, wasn't it? Must've watched it a good few times since I picked up the DVD, there's such a great pace to it, and terrific performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ne le dis à personne

Really good, wasn't it? Must've watched it a good few times since I picked up the DVD, there's such a great pace to it, and terrific performances.

It's sitting on my hard-drive, must watch it, my friend loved it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

jasonorr wrote: »
    It's sitting on my hard-drive, must watch it, my friend loved it too.

have you seen Män som hatar kvinnor? if not you should check it out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

have you seen Män som hatar kvinnor? if not you should check it out also.

Will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Got around to watching The Good The Bad and The Ugly there tonight, had it on DVD for a while and got a reminder to watch it after reading this thread, great movie, now i now where Tarantino gets all his ideas from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement