Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I watched I Love You, Man tonight. I really liked it, Paul Rudd is great. LOL'd a couple of times :p

"Yeah...totes mcgoats" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

thats one of my favourites (edit: at the good, the bad and the ugly)

2 movies i watched recently id never seen were the originals of gone in 60 seconds and last house on the left, the first was brutal and i hated it but the second was relatively good in the old so bad its good way

also watched the mercenary (sergio corbucci spaghetti western) last night but id seen it before, love almost anything with a morricone soundtrack basically

going to watch zombieland tomorrow id say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

loyatemu wrote: »
    make sure to catch "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a few dollars more" if you haven't seen them - TGTBATU is probably the best of the 3 but the other 2 are class also.

I just bought A fistful of Dollars on dvd, but I live in Brazil, and never checked the box and alas the audio was only in fecking Portuguese :mad:

I speak a little Portuguese but I hate dubbed movies. And that goes for non-english movies too. Imagine watching 'Der Untergang' with some American dude as Adolf:pac:......ridiculous!

I think Downfall/Untergang will be the next showing in my home cinema!...great film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I watched I Love You, Man tonight. I really liked it, Paul Rudd is great. LOL'd a couple of times :p

"Yeah...totes mcgoats" :D

Found it to be one of the worst comedies I've seen in the recent past. It was uncomfortable viewing, and not in a good way. Paul Rudd and Jason Segel are two shoddy actors as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Magnum Force and Last Orders, some fine ensemble acting from a bomb-proof cast of veterans. Dunno if it would have been worth seeing on the big screen as its really a chamber piece. TV suits it better I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Wolverine today.
    The Tournament last night.
    Harry Potter the night before. (whatever the last released movie was)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wrong turn 3. Awful, awful, awful, awful film. It's really, really, really awful. It's just terrible. Bad isn't the word it's god awful. It's just the stupidest film ever made by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Watched Batman Begins for the second time last night. Very good film, but I still think Tim Burton had the right idea.

Michael Keaton will always be The Batman to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Smokin' Aces - I liked it

Drag me to Hell - This was less of a horror and more of a ''how many times can I make you think you're going to vomit'' movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The Tournament - fell asleep about 20 mins in, which can't be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Watched 'The Usual Suspects' with my wife on Saturday night, really enjoyed it, still think its Bryan Singers best movie

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Saw Triangle in the cinema, a film where Melissa George plays the lead. Thought it was very good, really gets in on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Antichrist

The Reader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Saw Dead Man's Shoes last week and it was excellent. Paddy Considine is amazing. It's the second Shane Meadows film I've seen and I've been very impressed with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Cleaner - Samuel L jackson plays a single dad ex-cop crime scene cleaner upper, pretty good.
    50 Dead Men Walking - Northern Ireland troubles thriller, also good.

The Escapist - decent movie.

i like the ending, although to some it's probably cheesy and the movie is weak ifrom their perspective because it doesn't flesh out the central character to their satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

The Taking Of Pelham 123.
    Enjoyable enough. Travolta puts in a pretty good performance. As does Denzel. I would recommend it. It's no Oscar winner, but its enjoyable.

Surrogates.
    Watchable. Not amazing. A lot of the stuff you would have seen before. I, Robot, Minority Report, The Matrix (logging ito the matrix/surrogates)

Gone Baby, Gone (Again)
    Probably third time watching this. Powerful stuff. Great performance from Casey Affleck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

saw 3 , watched it last night , enjoyed it , much much better than saw 2

bear in mind that i say i liked it within the context of it being a schlock horror sequel , eveything is relative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Pwezem

Reservoir Dogs:
    Epic

sugarman wrote: »
    Orphan:
    Thought this was very good, decent original plot with good preformances, especially the kids. It's not so much a horror than a thriller. Would definately recommend it.

Yeah it was good. I thought the twist was fairly good too.

I watched Stag Night earlier on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyt24

I would recommend some of the movies that i watched recently:
    Bronson
    drag me to hell
    The dammed united
    big fish
    state of play
    taken
    the hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I watched Lolita last night- the one with Jeremy Irons. I had heard it was terrible but I really enjoyed it. It's quite different from Kubrick's and stresses different qualities of the book. Jeremy Irons played a great Humbert.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

was average. 6/10

a beautiful mind
    was ok aswel, 5/10

michael collins
    brilliant, emotional, good cast, well acted, but slightly historically inaccurate.
    overall 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I watched The Boat that Rocks. It was one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. I got about half way through it and had to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

Seen 500 Days of Summer Yesterday. Really enjoyed it, when I seen the trailer wasn't overly keen but everyone I know gave it the thumbs up. Very good performances by the two leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Just finished watching The Shawshank Redemption.

It's one of my favourites and I'm feeling like shit at the moment so a bit of cheering up was in order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EdwardSav

Antichrist: Really really great. Totally undeserving of the reaction it recieved. Only sensible thing I read about it was by a professor in Galway. Dont get your kickers in a twist and you should enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Swa Taken for the first time last night. I thought it was very good, love Neeson. The ending was a little annoying though.
    Why werent they flying on a private jet home? And the mom wasnt as upset/delighted to see her daughter as i would have liked. And the whole Holly Valance singing thing at the end wasnt great. They should have ended it on an air strip getting off their private jet, and after huge massive tearful hugs and kisses it should of ended with a freeze frame of Kim in her fathers arms whilst the mom and step dad looked on happy and red eyed close by.
    Well thats what i think anyway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

LazyClouds wrote: »
    Swa Taken for the first time last night. I thought it was very good, love Neeson. The ending was a little annoying though.
    Why werent they flying on a private jet home? And the mom wasnt as upset/delighted to see her daughter as i would have liked. And the whole Holly Valance singing thing at the end wasnt great. They should have ended it on an air strip getting off their private jet, and after huge massive tearful hugs and kisses it should of ended with a freeze frame of Kim in her fathers arms whilst the mom and step dad looked on happy and red eyed close by.
    Well thats what i think anyway.:D

Ah, Taken :) Now we know what Liam Neeson would be like as the Irish Terminator :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

1984 - Great film, they managed to perfectly capture how I visualised the world of Airstrip One to be. Almost every detail was exactly as described in the book, even Julia looked like I had imagined. If only all book adaptations were this loyal to the book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement