Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Did you notice how it was the women who kept on pressing the button and so fcuking up everyone's life. Why they might as well just said all the world's problems happen cause women are all money grabbing feckers :)
    YES! It was horribly obvious too, I was very surprised that it was put like that,
    if it was a comedy you'd think "oh yeah the
    y're having a stab at women" but it wasn't and it would make you wonder just how sexist is Hollywood.
    Women. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

kerash wrote: »
    I watched 'The other boleyn girl' - which was crap. Terrible casting, story and it was just like a bad American made for tv movie.

And 'Last Days' it was surprisingly good, and very hard to describe... beautiful, sad, confusing, disturbing, hard to watch and eerie. It's wonderfully directed and shot.

Let the right one in was awesome, reminiscent of the shining in atmosphere I thought. A nice change from the usual blockbuster vamp film.

Public Enemies I was disappointed with, I really liked Marion Cotillard and Depp was quite good, but Christian Bale was way over the top.

Just found him underwhelming to be honest. In fact the whole movie was.

Maybe Bale should do a comedy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

jayteecork wrote: »
    Watched Basic Instinct on Bluray.

Fúcking awesome!
    Sharon Stone at her best, crossing her legs in 1080p. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I watched Black Dynamite last night - 'twas good enough fun! There's a bit where the title character has a nun chuk and he's swinging it around, then seems to lose it and another drops into his hand outta nowehere ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

Black dynamite, LEGEND!

few funny parts, " smile baby " " I am smiling "

" Hahaha mother ****er I threw that before i came in the room "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Mask

Jim Carey - OTT - Anti-Hero - Legendary

(btw not a big Jim carey fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mask

Rocky Dennis was played by Eric Stoltz, not Jim Carrey :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

budgemook wrote: »
    Mask

Presumably he means THE Mask.

yes...

Anyways, I watched American Pie Presents: The Book of Love last night. This could quite possible be the worst film ever. Certainly the worst I have seen since American Pie Presents: Betahouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

just got back from "Law Abiding Citizen" holy crap! this was a great film, really intense. just to know that
    anyone, at any-time can suddenly die a horrible gruesome death!:(
    Colm Meany's american accent comes and goes though.

• Advertisement

Mask

Jim Carey - OTT - Anti-Hero - Legendary

(btw not a big Jim carey fan)
    Mask

okay mr. pedantic THE Mask......

thought you would be able to rub your braincells and put Mask and Jim Carey together!

okay mr. pedantic THE Mask......

thought you would be able to rub your braincells and put Mask and Jim Carey together!
    ok mr. tetchy, was only a joke. I look for any reason to bring up Mask the Rocky Dennis story.

ok mr. tetchy, was only a joke. I look for any reason to bring up Mask the Rocky Dennis story.

Didnt liek it for 2 reasons... Dont like Eric Stoltz as an actor! doesn have any presence or viseral projection. and reason number 2... the hole 80's cliched bracket it had was just a bummer of cheese!

e_mask1-2006.03.14-22.54.23.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Batman begins. Not bad I must say but still think the original is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmy_D_

In the last week or so i have watched: Inglourious Basterds-the most historically inaccurate movie I have ever seen but feckin brilliant:D I Love You Man that bromance one with Paul Rudd thought it was actually pretty funny, Inside-one of the best french horror films I have ever seen, Trick r Treat-loved it loved it loved it! And last but certainly not least Up-what a great movie! Tonight thinking Last House on the Left I love time off!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I watched 'Chocolate' again recently.
    It's amazing, I'd totally recommend it.

It's the girl that was trained by Tony Jaa.

20s98nn.jpg

Watch it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Black devil doll, I thought with a name like that it must be good but it was far from good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

e_mask1-2006.03.14-22.54.23.jpg

:D

Jaysis....Jim Carey's looking rough these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Watched Inglourious Basterds last night. Really liked it. Very surprised as I aint a Tarantino fan.

Gonna try watch Terminator Salvation over next few days. Want to see (hear) it in English.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Jaysis....Jim Carey's looking rough these days.
    thats what drugs does to you. Eric Stoltz by the way not Jim Carrey. and talking bout his onscreen role in Pulp fiction!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Watched Harry Brown last night, pretty good, although the whole film can be summed up as
    old soldier kill loads of people just so he doesn't have to walk the long way round
    . Also, thought the plot twist with
    the barman being the kid's uncle
    was too neat, could have been foreshadowed a bit at least. Overall it's pretty enjoyable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Vault of Horror, good fun. As with all portmanteau films you have the advantage of knowing if the current story is boring there will be another one along shortly. That said they all work to a degree while being quite hokey but thats part of the entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Watched King of Kong last night, was meaning to watch it for ages but never got around to it, have to say I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was more like a mockumentary, really made me laugh and cringe.
    Well made movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Watched Blade Runner last night for first time in a couple of years. wonderful movie. Cant praise it enough. I just love it.

tried to watch fifty dead man walking, story about an informer, last night. But gave up after ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Body Of Lies:

It started off ok I think but I felt that it was a bit drawn out. Really wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. Leonardo Di Caprio is very good in it though. I never really rated him as an actor until I started watching some of his other films.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop:

Just avoid this sh*t like the plague. Absolutely dreadful stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Watched Bad Santa on sunday night, pretty good flick. It's suprising sometimes just how bad and cruel he is though, I felt for the poor kid!:(

I felt even worse watching the scenes with Bernie Mac and John Ritter. It is not even an old film but these guys are dead now. I always liked John Ritter, he was great in 'It'...and Problem Child!

Billy Bob was really good as the hard-drinking, thieving, womanizing and generally horrible Santa Claus.

anyone want to recommend any "really" good christmas movies on tv over the festive season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

tried to watch fifty dead man walking, story about an informer, last night. But gave up after ten minutes.

such a rubbish film. i sat through the whole thing. should have turned it off after 10 mins too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement