Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ruu wrote: »
    I'm on a Humphrey Bogart streak at the moment, just watched The Big Sleep. Have African Queen and Angels with Dirty Faces at work waiting for me. Ah times when drinking and smoking were only for the classy and sophisticated. :)

I hope the 'Maltese Falcon' is getting a spin too!

:D

...and 'The Treasure of Siera Madre' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ruu wrote: »
    Ah times when drinking and smoking were only for the classy and sophisticated. :)

Darn tootin'. ;)

Watched Up today. Much better than WALL-E thankfully.
    Was expecting it to reveal Carl had died before his house flies off or something.
    Dug is a much improved version of the idea used in Dexter's Laboratory. Best thing in a good film.
    SQUIRREL! O_O The 'Dug's Special Mission' short explained the lingering question I had watching the feature but the ending's a bit shaky for my taste.

That Partly Cloudy short on the DVD is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

just watched A serious man..it is total garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Watching Big Lebowski now.It's the 12th anniversary of it's release today.All day.He peed on the dudes rug.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

Recently watched Away we go another Sam Mendes film. The lead characters work so well with each other and I personally thought it was very, very good.

Oh and watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night for the first time. Funny sh*t!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Supercroc wrote: »
    Recently watched Away we go another Sam Mendes film. The lead characters work so well with each other and I personally thought it was very, very good.

Oh and watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night for the first time. Funny sh*t!!
    Away we go is great.
    Just watched The Tournament, steaming pile of poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

Nozebleed wrote: »
    just watched A serious man..it is total garbage.

Hardly. One of the better movies released last year and a huge improvement on the weak Burn After Reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Cashback. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Tony EH wrote: »

...and 'The Treasure of Siera Madre' too.

Brilliant film & superb cast.

I watched Daybreakers tonight (Ethan Hawke & Sam O'Neil), it was poo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just saw The Batman Begins tonight, a lot better than I was expecting. Looking forward to The Dark Knight, dunno if I'll watch it now or tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

to the poster above, the new Batman films have been excellent tbh, really given the franchise a good shot in the arm

I wastched Wall Street again last night

Still a great film!

"Greed, for want of a better word, is good!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

for all the guys that put their movie titles in bold or different colour i salute you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Pandorum.
    Was a good movie I have to say, just enjoy it and don't compare it to Aliens while you watch it .. has a unique story of its own I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I also watched Wall Street again, at least 10 years since the last time. I was surprised at how simple the financial stuff seemed, which tells you how clueless I was about this stuff years ago. The sequel is going to be a bit more complicated..!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

amacachi wrote: »
    Just saw The Batman Begins tonight, a lot better than I was expecting. Looking forward to The Dark Knight, dunno if I'll watch it now or tomorrow night.

Let us know what you thought. I was so let down with TDK after watching Begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Iron Man.

Enjoyable entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I was the complete opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I was the complete opposite.

I reckon around 90% of the people who have seen TDK share the same view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

TDK is by far better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JesseCuster

A Serious Man
    I'm normally a huge Coen Brothers fan, but this did nothing for me I'm afraid.
    Maybe I just don't get their recent "comedies" as I didn't care for Burn After Reading either.

Triangle
    Interesting low-budget horror. Not as clever as it thinks it is, but definitely worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

A Serious Man Good movie. Strange but some very funny parts. Can see why people might not like it. I think one would need to be in the 'mood' for it.

Gi-Joe Eh....it was better than Transformers (1&2)....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Watching Stardust on C4 this evening - first time. Very weird in certain ways. I'll watch anything with Claire Danes in it: she's luminous here, which is hardly surprising given the nature of her character ... :cool:

(Ricky Gervais is annoying ...
    but not for very long. Ow.
    )

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

watched no country for old men for the 1st time this evening , overall , it was very good but the last twenty minutes was too unconventional for me what with tommy lee jones introspection going on and on , josh brolin vanished , we didnt even get to see his body ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Crazy Heart

Good movie I thought. Bit predictable in parts but nice all the same. Colin Farrell was waaay off in the casting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Up in the Air

Recommeded. Thoroughly enjoyed this I have to say. One of the better films I've seen recently. Clooney is excellent in this role, and I really enjoyed the homour throughout the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Its complicated
    Meh....watched it with my wife, the only half decent part where I laughed with the party where steve martin and meryl streep are stoned.

BTW - What happen to Steve Martin!? He just stopped being funny all of a sudden about 10-20 years ago....also his face got seriously tightened, doesn't look right

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The secret of Kells - Watched it last night, have to say, thoroughly enjoyable. Nice visuals, but story could have been slightly better. Bit too short I thought at just over 70 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm with you on that one, although I still enjoyed TDK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

Some movies from recently.....roll on shutter island as have been waiting for this since last september!!!!

The Blind Side - Recommend this. I felt sandra bullock deserved the oscar, and before seeing this I was wondering if it was a miss congeniality performance, but no; great performance,great movie.

The Hurt Locker - Hadn't heard anything about it before seeing this and was surprised as it was the best war movie I've seen since black hawk down, and would class it as better. V.different to the usual american in iraq/(substitute any oil bearing nation). Much more heart to this.

It's complicated - Funny and easy going. A dvd worthy movie. Alec Baldwin and meryl streep are really good in this. Comes across as realistic as well as funny.

Invictus - Gives an easy intro to the nelsen mandela story. Felt morgan freeman did a good job capturing him.

Avatar - Interesting visually but as mentioned in most reviews its dances with wolves with blue people. To be seen for the visual effects but not the story.....

Up In The Air - Dvd worthy. Good and humourous in places but still predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

four men and a prayer. Decent enough movie, loved the retarded drunken Irishman fight scene. we've come a long way in cinema.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement