Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Please tell me you watched the superb directors cut which is a step above the excellent theatrical cut. Easily one of my all time favourites its a film which gets better with each viewing.

Yep, directors cut. Now can you tell me the way to
    Shell Beach
    . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Shutter Island
    Ondine
    Poltergeist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

kick ass. brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Haunting In Connecticut. Not a bad piece of harmless horror rubbish. Flat and fairly predictable in spots and not enough gory/bloody horror for my liking. Some fairly 2-D characters too. But enjoyable enough way to pass a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

just finished [rec], alone in my room at night.
    it was very good, pretty damn scary up until the last minute.. i thought the way the hot reporter chick died was cheesy as ****. Up until that point i was dreading going to sleep tonight but as soon as she was dragged from under the bed away from the camera I just thought 'meh'. Granted it was probably as good an ending as a movie like that can give you, but I dunno... it kinda ruined things for me.

it certainly felt a lot longer than it actually was, in a good way. Can anyone direct me to a thread on [rec]? I've tried searching the forum, but the god damn search won't let me search for something that's only 3 characters long.

I understand what you mean, but I thought the ending sequence as a whole was great. One of the best I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement

'The Devil's Rejects'

Rob Zombie's sequel to 'The House of a 1000 Corpses' and strangely enough, it's not actually that bad. It's not actually that great either though. It features a lot of faces too, like Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead), Sid Haig (Jason of Star Command) and Geoffrey Lewis (Salem's Lot). It's nod to 70's slease cinema is very well done and the ending featuring "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd was pretty good way to knock it off.

'Daybreakers'

A vampire film with a good twist. The vampires outnumber the humans, which are on the verge of extinction and a company which farms human beings is trying to find a way to manufacture a synthetic blood. It's a brilliant idea, but unfortunately, I felt the film took a few wrong turns and in the end it didn't really know what to do with itself. All in all, it was pretty entertaining though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Kick-Ass - True to its name it is f*cking awesome. I've never enjoyed a superhero movie, or all that many other films, as much as this.

Minus a few annoyances
    McLovins stupid mask at the end
    its an absolutely brilliant film. TBH I wasn't expecting it to live up to my expectations but, for once, a comic adaption surpassed my highest hopes.

I was most surprised that Nick Cage made a decent film for the first time in a looooooong time (we'll all agree to never mention the Wicker Man remake. Ever.) I was in stitches with
    his perfect Adam West Batman voice.

Definitely 5/5

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The men who stare at goats. I thought it was very entertaining tbh. Don't know why everyone bitches about it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 breen.a

last movie i watched was cirque du freak:the vampires assistant.really good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Shutter Island
    and
    the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo

Just watched "Black Beauty" with Sean Bean (I'll watch any film with him in it really!)
    and "Serendipity"
    as they were both on TV recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JesseCuster

A Perfect Getaway:
    Entertaining thriller about a couple who go on a honeymoon trek in Hawaii and end up in a whole lot of trouble.
    Thought I knew where this one was going and then it completely pulled the rug from under me!
    Plus it stars the always excellent Timothy Olyphant (aka Sheriff Bullock from Deadwood)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just watched [rec]2
    quite decent actually. is it wrong that I found the demonic lesbian make out scene at the end kind of sexy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Shutter Island. Good film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Reservoir Dogs....... Hadn't watched it in ages. Oh my God. WHAT A FILM. Can't believe how good it is. Still one of the best films going, 18 years after its first release. Jesus. Great stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Leemilone

looking for eric........ Brilliant
    sexy beast .............also brilliant

The Secret in their Eyes.
    Wow, amazing, powerful and beautiful movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just finished Primer

great stuff. can't believe it only cost 7k dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Requiem for a dream (2000)

Holy ****....watched it not knowing what it was going to be about at all. Talk about a downer of a film. Really shows you how drug addiction can spiral out of control and leave you with nothing. This film tells the story of 4 individuals and how each of them are affected by drugs.

Made me feel very lucky and appreciative for what I have. Watched it on the way home from work on the bus...just wanted to get home and hug my wife and daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Schindler's List

Think I watched the first few minutes of it as a moody teen and gave up... If I'd known there were boobies in it I'm sure I would have watched it to the end!

Absolutely fantastic film anyway, I'm glad I finally got around to watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Bad Lieutenant

Have to say myself and my mates enjoyed this one over the weekend. Probably Nic Cage's best role in a very long time too by the way. The role suited him down to the ground.

• Advertisement

Harvey Keitel was in the Bad Lieutenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Tony EH wrote: »
    Harvey Keitel was in the Bad Lieutenant.

Yes, in 1992.

This one was made last year. Maybe I should have included the full title, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans".
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1095217/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I watched harry brown last night got about 30/40 min into it and was tired so hit the hay.

Dunno will I go back to it, it seemed poor enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Saw Old Dog yesterday and watched The Commitments last night/this morning on Channel 4.

On Saturday night I watched Ronin on DVD,class film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Little Otik - it was on Film 4 recently. Well worth a look for something different, if a bit overly long.

The Visitor - great drama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

just finished Primer

great stuff. can't believe it only cost 7k dollars

When I saw this film I didn't expect much at all. But, wow, I was really surprised by it. Didn't have a notion what was going on for about half the film and then it all suddenly clicked into place. I'm constantly plugging this but nobody seems to have even heard of it.

*sigh* I suppose I'll just have to go on telling those heathens my friends to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Watched Brooklyns Finest at the weekend, pretty good copmovie, gets a bit muddled but overall an enjoyable cop flick. Although I got a bit scared in the beginning when I found out Richard Gere was the main guy but he was excellent throughout as the old grumpy retiring cop. Ethan Hawke and the hilarious Wesley Snipes are also in it, defo recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Have been watching some very class documentaries lately.

Jesus Camp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNfL6IVWCE

The King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJZ-_bJKdI

Second Skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPOxuOCGi9I

Fizman wrote: »
    Yes, in 1992.

This one was made last year. Maybe I should have included the full title, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans".
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1095217/

Wow. Didn't even know this existed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dark City - Alright, pretty weird. I like it's style though, and Jennifer Connelly is fúcking hot! :D

Batman TDK - It's good, seen it a few times so it must be good!! Could do with being 20 minutes shorter though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement