Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Watched Pulp Fiction yesterday, hadnt seen it in a couple of years. One of the best films ever. Bought the BMF keychain on bmfwallets.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Moon. Just finished watching it and I'm still a bit lost for words. Easily the best Sci-Fi I've seen in the last couple of decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

Zombieland.....hilarious! can't wait for the sequel to be released :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Moon. Just finished watching it and I'm still a bit lost for words. Easily the best Sci-Fi I've seen in the last couple of decades.

Moon: It is very interesting, you also might like Pandorum.

Pandorum: Similar to Moon but much more sinister and terrrifying tale with plenty of twists and turns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sherlock Holmes (2009) starring Robert Downey and Jude Law. An interesting twist on this detective genre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Speed Racer - Alright. Overlong and some ridiculous scenes.
    Twilight: New Moon - Laughable rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Watched War of the Roses again recently. One of the best Dark Comedies ever.. Stunts are terrific. Particularly liked the bit with the Chandeliers at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

Just tried "30 days of night"... couldn't stomach it about half way in which is a pity cos I was really enjoying it...

Heard director David Slade is directing the 3rd "Twilight" so it might just be good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

pirelli wrote: »
    Moon: It is very interesting, you also might like Pandorum.

Pandorum: Similar to Moon but much more sinister and terrrifying tale with plenty of twists and turns.

I've watched Pandorum and was a bit let down by it. I thought it started great and then just got really tedious.

Second in Command - Mediocre Van Damme film, a few gun battles but a lack of fisty cuffs. Not his finest but far from his worst. Worth watching on a lazy afternoon if you've nothing else to do.

The Slammin Salmon - Entertaining and funny comedy from Broken Lizard. It's not big nor is it clever but it is funny and at the end of the day what more can you ask? Well worth picking up especially if you enjoyed Super Troopers or Beerfest.

Edge of Darkness - Great thriller based on the superb BBC series. Mel Gibson is on top form and delivers a great performance. For such a dark film there are a number of intentional laugh out loud lines of dialogue. If you have 6 hours get the series but afterward give the film a go.

From Paris With Love - Entertaining action film from action God Luc Besson and Pierre Morell who directed Taken. It's 80 minutes of thrills chills and fun gun fights. Don't go in expecting anythign more than the typical Besson fare and you won't be disappointed.

The Men Who Stare at Goats - I really enjoyed this, in fact I loved it. After all the negative reviews I was expecting a mediocre comedy but found a rewarding film with some superb performances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Ninja Assassin - Mindless action fun. Provided you don't take it too seriously, or seriously at all, its a good no brainer action flick. The CG blood is very annoying though. But ninjas are cool so it balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Watched Heat the other night...............man, that film oozes cool!

Pacino and DeNiro in the coffee shop is like 2 Gods exchanging words before their epic battle!

Only problem with the film was I watched it on an average TV in someone else's house............I wanted to watch the bank scene on my TV with my surround sound, bah!! :mad:

Actually, you could see many references Chris Nolan took for The Dark Knight (The obvious Bank scene homage, vast shots of the actors, camera sweeping over the city to the only sound of an elevating score)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

TBH thought the scene between Pacino and De Niro was a bit disappointing. But a great movie. Michael Mann one of the great movie directors of our time. Did a great job on Public enemies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

REC 2

Have to say, I was really disappointed with this. The Original was great. One of the best horror films in years. But the producers decided to take the wrong route with the sequel.
    The demonic possession angle was REALLY a step in the wrong direction. It should have just stuck to the viral infection story of the first film. Also, bring back the lead actress from the first film was a really bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Dog Day Afternoon
    A 70's epic with Pacino in excellent form..
    Good mix of comedy and drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Sunday night I watched 'Up', which is just lovely. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it was much more layered than you tend to expect from an animated film. I'm recommending it to anyone who will listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I saw Kick-Ass. It was indeed Kick Ass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

NoDrama wrote: »
    The Secret in their Eyes.
    Wow, amazing, powerful and beautiful movie.

in the middle of htis movie now after seeing reccomendations in this thread.. can anyone tell me who the actress is who plays the
    murder victim at the start of the movie? imdb lists this as her first movie, and i've tried googling but there's nothing that could be useable as a wallpaper.. a chick that hot has to have photo shoots somewhere, surely. preferably ones where she isn't a corpse covered in blood, if that isn't too much trouble

-edit

that movie was disgracefully fantastic. It's a bit late now, but I'm definitely watching that again tomorrow. If I'd realised just how amazing it was going to be I'd have bought a bottle of wine yesterday to have while I watched it again. I'm worried now that I'm probably never going to see another movie as good as it :/ My movie watching has peaked, it's all downhill from here.

--edit

I just realised, I don't think I've ever actually sat and watched the credits roll after a movie ended until tonight, just didn't want it to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

i love you man , pretty crap i thought considering the good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Great documentary, amazing story of adventure, strength and survival, very well filmed too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I watched The Crying Game recently, for the first time. I always wondered what all the fuss was about. My God, it looks incredibly dated. The acting is terrible at times too. Forest Whittaker's English accent is appalling. I would have thought it was one of the easier accents to pull off.

And could someone tell me:
    At the time, were people actually surprised to find out she had a penis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

2040 wrote: »
    Forest Whittaker's English accent is appalling. I would have thought it was one of the easier accents to pull off.

it depends, there are many different english accents and some are probably harder to pull off than others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

indough wrote: »
    it depends, there are many different english accents and some are probably harder to pull off than others

Well, Whittaker's accent didn't sound like any of them. I think he's a great actor btw. I'm sure he'd be better at the accent now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

2040 wrote: »
    I watched The Crying Game recently, for the first time. I always wondered what all the fuss was about. My God, it looks incredibly dated. The acting is terrible at times too. Forest Whittaker's English accent is appalling. I would have thought it was one of the easier accents to pull off.

And could someone tell me:
    At the time, were people actually surprised to find out she had a penis?

As a 10 year old boy seeing it for the first time in the cinema... Yes I bloody well was!:eek:

/scarred for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Death Sentence. Kevin Bacon going completely awol. It was great, much better than expected and I had heard good things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I saw Clash of the Titans in 3D this evening and it was very impressive, the special effects, scenery and general plot were all good. A very good movie, especially for those interested in History and has a fantasy and epic battle theme to it also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my withnail and I blu ray arrived earlier today and it's just ending :) ****ing fantastic movie
    looks and sounds damned fine in HD too, this one is going to be many's a rewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Shryke wrote: »
    Death Sentence. Kevin Bacon going completely awol. It was great, much better than expected and I had heard good things.
    :) great action film, liked him in 'hollow man' as well, second was crap though...can not stand christian salter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

irishh_bob wrote: »
    i love you man , pretty crap i thought considering the good reviews
    Slapping da bass man. I loved it lol.

Watched crazy on the outside a few days ago. It was ok. Usual story of someone getting out of prison bla bla bla.
    Watched boondock saints 2 earlier on. must say, I actually enjoyed it. Wasnt great or anything but ticked all the boxes for me. Few funny parts in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Got to see "Clash of The Titans" today. Good movie, but i don't know if it was me or the movie, it was good, but not "memorable" if that makes sense. I definitely enjoyed it, but it seemed "rushed" or something i can't quite put my finger on.

Anywho, worth a watch. Great visuals and surprisingly not CGI-ed to death, which was nice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement