Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I watched Tombstone last night on iTunes. Loved it. I can't believe I've never seen it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cover Girl Killer (1959) rather nifty B movie about a er cover girl killer believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

following, christopher nolans first film -loved it

carriers - good end times show

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

questioner wrote: »

carriers - good end times show

Yes. What a fool yer man was to leave behind Piper Perabo, though.

EDIT: No spoilers! This is a general thread, I'm sure people don't want spoilers.

Yes. What a fool yer man was to leave behind Piper Perabo, though.

nah dont blame him, too scrawny - im a sophie dahl / nigella type man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I'm nearly finished the second series of 6 Feet Under. Its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

LOL.......................I liked this film and i don't know why?.Maybe I like Robert Redfords Politics?.Who Knows?.
    Lions for Lambs begins after two determined students at a West Coast University, Arian and Ernest, follow the inspiration of their idealistic professor, Dr. Malley, and attempt to do something important with their lives. But when the two make the bold decision to join the battle in Afghanistan, Malley is both moved and distraught. Now, as Arian and Ernest fight for survival in the field, they become the string that binds together two disparate stories on opposite sides of America. In California, an anguished Dr. Malley attempts to reach a privileged but disaffected student who is the very opposite of Arian and Ernest. Meanwhile, in Washington D.C. the charismatic Presidential hopeful, Senator Jasper Irving, is about to give a bombshell story to a probing TV journalist that may affect Arian and Ernest's fates.

Watched this again tonight.Hav'nt watched in it years.Did'nt realise how much i missed it.

I hereby make an oath to watch it every year for the rest of my life.

One of my favourite films.......................hope they never remake it.

Director John Carpenter and special makeup effects master Rob Bottin teamed up for this 1982 remake of the 1951 science fiction classic The Thing from Another World, and the result is a mixed blessing. It's got moments of highly effective terror and spine-tingling suspense, but it's mostly a showcase for some of the goriest and most horrifically grotesque makeup effects ever created for a movie.
    With such highlights as a dog that splits open and blossoms into something indescribably gruesome, this is the kind of movie for die-hard horror fans and anyone who slows down to stare at fatal traffic accidents. On those terms, however, it's hard not to be impressed by the movie's wild and wacky freak show. It all begins when scientists at an arctic research station discover an alien spacecraft under the thick ice, and thaw out the alien body found aboard. What they don't know is that the alien can assume any human form, and before long the scientists can't tell who's real and who's a deadly alien threat.
    Kurt Russell leads the battle against the terrifying intruder, and the supporting cast includes Richard Masur, Richard Dysart, Donald Moffat, and Wilford Brimley. They're all playing standard characters who are neglected by the mechanistic screenplay (based on the classic sci-fi story "Who Goes There?" by John W. Campbell), but Carpenter's emphasis is clearly on the gross-out effects and escalating tension. If you've got the stomach for it (and let's face it, there's a big audience for eerie gore), this is a thrill ride you won't want to miss.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Tonight I watched a Macedonian movie called Iluzija (AKA: Mirage) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368962/
    Bit of a strange one really in that I dont quite know what to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Torque-
    It could be one of the best sh ittyfantastic movies ever made. Like, the director did it on purpose. Parts of it are just ridonkulous, all the product placement and stuff like that. In one of the climactic fights one of the people square off in front of Mountain Dew billboard and the other in front of a Pepsi billboard.
    They even rip a line right out of Fast and the Furious and then say what a terrible line it is.
    In a lot of ways it is two fingers up at the Fast and the Furious franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

I watched the exorcism of emily rose last night. Wasn't gonna bother cause its been slated on this forum several times. But, I have to say, I enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

watched eastern promises earlier tonight, damned fine movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans-
    Excellent, really enjoyed it. Great performance by Cage, a messed up script and a director that can do weird because he is weird combine to make a film that we rarely see in the mainstream. Worth the watch for one scene in particular alone.
    If I had one fault it was that it was about fifteen minutes too long.

Its a while since i last seen it ,but watched it last night,great move.Gene Hackman at his best.

This and Mississippi burning are his best films IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

I'm a Cyborg. Same director as Oldboy.
    Surreal to the Nth and I loved it!

thinking about watching centipede, heard gruesome things... anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,898 ✭✭✭✭Basq

questioner wrote: »
    thinking about watching centipede, heard gruesome things... anyone seen it?
    Yeah.. it's awful!

And not particularly gruesome... it's pale when compared to the likes of 'Inside' or 'Martyrs' - it's not even as gruesome as 'Hostel'.

Seriously.. don't waste the 90 minutes!

just watched infernal affairs

amazing movie

is that the original departed?

aye, i didnt want to watch departed until I'd seen infernal affairs.. and now that I've seen it, departed can't even compare so I dont think I'll bother with it

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

aye, i didnt want to watch departed until I'd seen infernal affairs.. and now that I've seen it, departed can't even compare so I dont think I'll bother with it
    How do you know they can't compare until you compare them? :)

white people can't act :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Watched "Harry Brown" a few nights ago.... excellent film well worth getting out or catching on sky box office at the moment :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSfHFNlcI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

"American Movie." really great movie. I'm sure it has a cult following here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sherlock Holmes - Pretty good, can't go wrong with Rachel McAdams!! Jude Law was also strangely like-able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Jude Law was also strangely like-able.

I found the same.

Watched a film called Trick r Treat last night. My brother picked it up rather cheaply so I said I'd give it a go considering Anna Paquien and Brian Cox were both in it.
    It's a horror obviously from the name, but it has a lot of recognisable faces, from Anna and Brian Cox to the fat little kid from Bad Santa. It's not very gory or very scary but it is well made and fun.
    Nothing unreal but it actually kept me entertained and it had some good/funny/strange moments that made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Exit Through The Gift Shop

One of the best films I have seen this year, especially if your somewhat familiar with some of the characters in this documentary but you by no means have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Just got back from seeing Cléo from 5 to 7 - saw it before ages ago and forgot how great it is. French film from the 60's directed by Agnès Varda whose an amazing director [still going strong at 81 and a bit a mad but the good mad]. Great use of colour and black and white. One of the best films featuring Paris as they travel nearly the whole of the city and great mix of very constructed set pieces and more open shots. There's alot of really great tracking and pan shots through out the film from people walking to traveling in cars and buses. Plus a few fun cameos from french cinema.

Only down was the poor subtitling - ignoring the light white on a very light background making it hard to read them, they weren't very good translations of what was actually being said and it takes away from a film that is alot of taking and play on words.

white people can't act :)

:D

• Advertisement

Clohane wrote: »
    Watched "Harry Brown" a few nights ago.... excellent film well worth getting out or catching on sky box office at the moment :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSfHFNlcI

yeah good show, check out eden lake as well . similar type of chav horror far far darker though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement