Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Good film.Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloverfield (Channel 4), not seen the Beast from 20,000 fathoms? Then watch this as its in colour. Technically adriot and nice and short, pity Channel 4 had to stick ad breaks into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mike65 wrote: »
    Cloverfield (Channel 4), not seen the Beast from 20,000 fathoms? Then watch this as its in colour. Technically adriot and nice and short, pity Channel 4 had to stick ad breaks into it.
    Tis superb in Blu-ray for sound alone... the shaky-cam not so much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Just watched Brothers. I thought it was very good and well worth the rental. Some great acting from all and the two young kids in it where brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I watched Dead Snow which was a very enjoyable. Seriously, how can you go wrong with Nazi Zombies?! :D:D:D:D

Topped it off tonight then with Public Enemys.

Good day for movies actually :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just watched waltz with bashir

very good, the non animated footage at the end was ****ing horrible though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

just watched ondine and i thought it was a great film :) thought colin farrel did a real good job

people should check it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Javelin77

just watched waltz with bashir

very good, the non animated footage at the end was ****ing horrible though

Fk bashir he was nothing but a sectarianist person. Genocidale maniac. Militia lord. A propaganda . His slogan "lebanon first" was a propaganda. Anyways this movie is banned in lebanon but i'm trying to get it. Any free download links? I'm not paying for this sht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

Last film I saw in cinema was Prince of Persia which actually was quiet enjoyable a real popcorn flick.

Then rented the film Brothers last night which was excellent. Brilliant performances from most of the cast but Jake Gyllenhaal was outstanding and deserved more aclaim that he got for the role. In general though I find he is either dismissed or overlooked for most of his work which is a pity as he is an outstanding actor from his early days in Donnie Darko to recent work such as Zodiac, Brokeback Mountain and Jarhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Watched the following over weekend:
    A Prophet - excellent. French movie but highly recommended if interested in a crime type movie. Based on an Arab in a French prison who rises up thru the internal mafia ranks..
    Brothers - Jim Sheridan directs. Thought it would be better to be honest. Good cast with Jake Gyllenhall/Tobey Maguire and Natalie Portman.
    Nowhere Boy - movie about John Lennon growing up. Absolute rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

questioner wrote: »
    bad lieutenant - enjoyable, surreal without being inaccessible. First herzog film Ive seen that i enjoyed.

on wiki i saw that this isnt a remake of the first one with harvey keitel, found that a little surprising.

Have you not seen Rescue Dawn??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The Book Of Eli

Liked this film alot.Denzel is top notch as usual.One of the better post-apocalyptic films that i have seen.Way better than Waterworld , the postman,Mad Max.

Paddy Samurai, try The Road for proper gritty post-apocalyptic.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10009460-the_road/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the good, the bad and the weird

was good, wouldn't say it was great though. Enjoyable 2 hours all the same.

Watched For A Few Dollars More last night. First western I've seen in a while and really enjoyed it. Its part 2 of a trilogy though so I'll have to get my hands on the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

JohnK wrote: »
    Watched For A Few Dollars More last night. First western I've seen in a while and really enjoyed it. Its part 2 of a trilogy though so I'll have to get my hands on the others.
    'Fist full of dynamite' is another goodie...mad Irish bomber:) very good underrated western.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Michael Clayton (2007), pretty straightforward legal conspiracy made all "sophisicated" by the look and feel. Nice accents fom Tom Wilkinson and Tilda Swinton, and a typcially crisp turn from the late Sydney Pollack. He should have done more acting. Pity they went for a slightly "mystical" reason to get Clayton out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

I watched Office Space earlier tonight, for the first time in years. What a great satire. Everything you love to hate about a typical office, from mundane management speak, to wanting to smash up the photcopier!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

JohnK wrote: »

what a great film - "when the chimes stop, pick up your gun" - so melodramatic, nobody films a gunfight like Leone.

the other 2 (Fistful of Dollars and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) are also superb and Once upon a time in the West from a few years later is a masterpiece.

A clockwork orange . Its the type of movies that makes you think about it the moment you wake up the next day after watching it. But i ruined it by reading the summary prior to watching it but still a brilliant movie.

Tonight i'm gonna watch the shining.

Green zone . I thought it's gonna be something thrilling and intense like the hurt locker but it's far away from it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Losers
    Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage :D
    Greenberg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Adam and Paul. Best ever Irish film? Certainly up there. Fantastic soundtrack too.

Demolition Man last night. Such a classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rickymaccullum

The part I really enjoyed was that it was unabashedly fiction. So many other films having to do with the troubles set out to be both historically accurate and politically neutral, then promptly fail to achieve either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Watched Killer Instinct. The first part of Mesrine.

Really good, story felt a bit disjointed because of how the timeline jumps years at a time, but it didn't put me off.

As I'm sure people have said, Cassell puts in a great performance. Looking forward to watch the second one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The part I really enjoyed was that it was unabashedly fiction. So many other films having to do with the troubles set out to be both historically accurate and politically neutral, then promptly fail to achieve either.
    what was?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

--
    Debt
    WTF?

WTF?

Spam, he's 3 posts and all contain the same link at the end of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭sxt

Transiberian startin Ben Kingsley and Kate Mara ,Delightful little flick.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

sxt wrote: »
    Transiberian startin Ben Kingsley and Kate Mara ,Delightful little flick.
    It's strange that you leave out the two leading roles, Woody Harrelson & Emily Mortimer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement