Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Greenberg

Reading various forums there seems to be a lot of hatred for this movie and Stiller.

I really enjoyed this but I can see why some people wouldn't enjoy it, there doesn't seem to be much of a plot or much direction, just a few hours looking at a 40yr old struggling to come to terms with himself and his life. Great performance from Ben it was good to see him in a more demanding role and pull it off well.

I think maybe someone people didn't like it because I think there's a bit of Greenberg in all of us. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I watched Thick As Thieves (2009) (Bluray) last night, i'd give it 8 out of 10, it was somewhat lacking in the Thriller department.

I'm planning on watching "The Professionals (1966)" (bluray) tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Renn wrote: »
    Gladiator is a bit boring tbh. Defo overrated.

no its not !!!!!!!! its great film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

krudler wrote: »
    Erm, what?

I said................ITS NOT REALLY COOL TO LIKE GLADIATOR. ITS TOO MAINSTREAM AND IN YOUR FACE FOR ALOT OF FILM SNOBS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Meh, I dunno about Gladiator, it was a decent flick but it just never comes to mind for me so I'll never think of it as being 'great'
    I think it might be to do with Crowe, I find all of his movies forgettable, he just doesn't engage me as an actor

I was always surprised to head people preferred Gladiator to Braveheart. And I know Braveheart has a million flaws but it's memorable, and I often hear them compared but Braveheart would come out trumps for me

Anyway - Just watched The Believer tonight (off an Ian O'Doherty recommendation) Surprised I never heard of it, a very good film. Can never comprehent these neo-nazi view points but I enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Just watching Rec 2 - it's taking an odd tangent but it's still got some great scares!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

I dunno, that whole kid arc bugged me.

harry brown- great film

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The Perfect Storm - on now on BBC3. I really have a soft spot for this movie, I think it's great with one of the finest scores ever from James Horner. I still remember seeing it in the cinema.. epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Remember Me: The only reason I watched this was because I had read a thread on here of someone criticising the ending. I am glad that it wasn't overly exploited and I felt it worked.

Decent little movie in which Robert Pattinson displays better acting than the Twilight trailers would have you believe he can as a son living in his fathers shadow and trying to gain some independence. Might not be for everyone as the ending is certain to divide people but I enjoyed it apart from a wooden performance from Pierce Brosnan and a completely unlikeable character in Ally's father.

• Advertisement

shank (2010) great film about london gangs taking over rural london in a few years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Recently seen:

Inception: Won't be everyone's cup of tea. If you last 20mins you'll stay till the end. Again open to everyone's interpretation. That's the seed Chris Nolan tries to plant.. ditto Memento/The Prestige

Breaking Bad Series 1.. Excellent. Will be picking up series 2 asap..

Sherlock Holmes.. Thought is was absolute manure. Wouldn't recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

'Red road' Bleak Scottish drama

'La balance' fair, french crime/romance thriller.

'Night of the hunter' (Cape fear was the remake of this) Brilliant film..Dark moody & broody..Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jab1

i love you philip morris,this is the funniest movie of the year,and its a true story,jim carrey at his very best..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Perriers Bounty - Shockingly bad imo. The terrible "Fair City" acting simply ruined it so much that I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

Ya Perriers Bounty is horse**** alright, the narration is wince-inducing. I decided to watch the Shawshank Redemtion today for the first time, what a film...cant believe I didnt watch it earlier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The_D_Man wrote: »
    Ya Perriers Bounty is horse**** alright, the narration is wince-inducing. I decided to watch the Shawshank Redemtion today for the first time, what a film...cant believe I didnt watch it earlier.
    I assume you've been in a coma for the past 15 years or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

Yup, thanks for bringing that up:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Pretty unfortunate to have to wake up to that movie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A mate of mine hasn't seen it, and won't watch it for the simple reason everyone keeps telling him how good it is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just watched Memories of a Murder

absolutely ****ing epic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just finished Mother

i was sure when I started it wouldn't even come close to Memories of Murder, but damned if it isn't an even better movie than that. Really, really great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

A couple of good action pieces,but IMO most of it was boring crap.I like DiCaprio but this was not for me.
    Not a patch on the Matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

jab1 wrote: »
    i love you philip morris,this is the funniest movie of the year,and its a true story,jim carrey at his very best..
    Really? I didn't find it funny at all!
    A couple of good action pieces,but IMO most of it was boring crap.I like DiCaprio but this was not for me.
    Not a patch on the Matrix.
    You're right, in terms of originality and impact, it certainly is no matrix. Good enough film but that's about it.

Just finished Breaking Bad season 3. Possibly one of the best season endings ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Watched "Funny People" on Friday.

My god,I thought it was awful!
    It was advertised as a comedy so I watched it hoping for a comedy when it isn't,there was only a handful of funny parts!

Oh and the casting...ugh.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

^ Couldn't agree more, If your gonna call your film funny people and populate it with the comedy brat pack you better bring the funnies , this emphatically didn't.

In cinema - Inception

At home I've been on a sci fi kick and have in recent months watched Moon, Sunshine and am currently working my way through DS9's fifth season.

Next up is TNG and Farscape .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Caught Survival Of The Dead,not one of Romero's finest but watchable if only to continue the series.Hated some of the 'Oirish' accents though.
    Watched Boondock Saints 2 last night,critics hated the 2 movies but myself and many more found 'em to be great,silly,violent fun.The second isn't as good as the first for impact but has it's moments even if the movie is all over the place at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

Watched Do The Right Thing the other night. Still processing it. I know I liked it, but I can't really figure out how I feel about a lot of the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

'Charlie valentine' awful flick..cheap acting (which is worse than bad) watery story line..avoid.
    'Jindabyne' Australian flick..Gabriel Byrne is in this so i thaught, must be half decent..Wrong! dull and messy..group of lads discover a dead girl while out fishing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Blues Brothers, haven't seen it in years. Brilliant! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement