Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trekking Holiday Abroad - Any suggestions?

Options
  • 14-02-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone know of any good trekking holidays - there are 4 of us looking to go somewhere in April/May for 5 or 7 days. We're all fairly experienced riders. All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

Hey,
    Frequent reader of boards, seldom poster :). Thought I would post this time cause we had a truely awesome value for money trekking holiday in Hungary last summer. It was with http://www.unicorntrails.com/ who are a UK based company so you can know what you are getting will be to the standard you hope! They were really helpful and nice when i emailed them to get it arranged, did everything to make sure I got the holiday I wanted.

Mummy and I are both fairly experianced riders, we opted for the Balaton Meadows holiday in Hungary as I was spending the summer there and it seemed the best value for money. It was an all inclusive week for less than £500 per person in a nice little hotel, it really felt like a holiday as the hotel was nice and the food was lovely. The horses were very fit and seemed to be able to go for hours without tiring and you could really tailor the amount of riding done to your own requirements and fitness levels. The countryside was beautiful and in the middle of a large national park and you could ride for hours without seeing another person or even a road! The only thing that could be concidered negative was that the guides had little to no English, this actually suited us better as it allowed us to relax and chat without feeling pressurised to communicate with them! The estabilishment is actually German run, therefore high standards, plus he spoke excellent English.

Anyway, I would definatly look at the unicorn trails website even if you dont like the sound of the place we went as they have a wide range of good value holidays in various places and I would really recomend them to deal with in general as a company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 park5

Thanks that sounds interesting. Will look up their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Would highly recommend Zara at http://www.zarasplanet.ie/ she runs a highly professional business and was a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

There is also the Lassithi Trek in Crete. Its fairly cheap and looks gorgeuous.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

you could try Epona in Seville (Trail & Train Holiday)
    I went last april & it was fab: fantastic hacks through wonderful countryside & the evening lessons were incredible I booked with equestrian escapes in the uk or you can book direct I would go again in a heart beat

• Advertisement
Advertisement