Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Economic History'

Options
  • 14-02-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why 'Economic History' was removed as a LC exam subject in 2005?

I would definitely have done it. Looked very interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Didn't realise it was removed. I thought it was still a subject :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Because it was seen to be an easy A, people would go to the IOE and do it on a Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Fad wrote: »
    Because it was seen to be an easy A, people would go to the IOE and do it on a Saturday.
    Agricultural Science!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »
    Agricultural Science!

You need to do the farm trip, and have a teacher sign off on that, which makes it slightly harder to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

When the normal history course was revised, a lot more economic stuff was incorporated into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Fuascailt wrote: »
    When the normal history course was revised, a lot more economic stuff was incorporated into it.
    Yeah, there's a good bit on Keynes in it and Cng and FF's economic policies in the 20s and 30s. Should be up on the LC this year too if my expert predicitions are correct. :)

Advertisement