Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any secondhand/charity stores left in Dublin?

Options
  • 14-02-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I remember there being a lot more secondhand stores in Dublin. I went looking for some of the ones i knew today and a lot of them have be turned into niche shops. Are there many secondhand stores left???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from after hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There's a couple on capel st., some on Sth Gt. Georges st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

A few in Rathmines near the swan centre

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I thought the recession was bad with all the job losses but ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

secondhand charity shops yes,there's at least 8 on capel street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Cmc29

I thought the recession was bad with all the job losses but ...

If someone has something they don't want anymore and someone else could get use out of whats the issue? I love secondhand stores and have used them in Celtic tiger times. I am far from broke or desperate. I like the idea of recycling, contributing to a good cause and getting something out of it that i like and IS perfectly usable. There is nothing wrong or desperate about it at all as your post suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Quite a few on Dorset St and around Phibsboro shopping centre too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

There's a WaWas (Women's Aid) one and a SVDP one on Aungier St/Georges St, could be more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

SVDP Fairview

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

C.A.S.A. in Marlborough Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

bout 6 to 8 in Rathmines

oxfam charity furniture shop on francis street

bout 6 to 8 on capel street

big huge one on eden quay just past the laughter lounge

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I love them. i think there are more now than ever. As mentioned there's a few on Caple St. then over the bridge onto Paliament St (oxfam books and cd's) onto George's St. (there are 2 there) up onto Augier (another2) up on again to Camden (4 shops) then over the bridge into Rathmines (another4, the RNLI one closed recently which's a pity as there was great stuff to be had there.) That's about 16 in one straight(ish) walk alone.
    Dun Laoighaire has 5 fairly good one's on its main drag too.
    'The Bosnia Shop' on Stoneybatter is a little treasure throve too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Dozens in Phibsboro

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

bout 6 to 8 in Rathmines

oxfam charity furniture shop on francis street

bout 6 to 8 on capel street

big huge one on eden quay just past the laughter lounge

Hi i was just wondering can anyone tell me if the charity shop on eden quay mentioned in the quote above is still on eden quay?? I was down that way at the weekend and i didnt see any charity shop..

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Dozens in Phibsboro

Yes some good ones in phibsboro and the cancer shop at the top of dorset street also is good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

misty76 wrote: »
    Hi i was just wondering can anyone tell me if the charity shop on eden quay mentioned in the quote above is still on eden quay?? I was down that way at the weekend and i didnt see any charity shop..

There's an antique/bric-a-brac shop called 'The Car Boot Sale Shop' towards Liberty Hall if that's what the Op was talking about.

latenia wrote: »
    There's an antique/bric-a-brac shop called 'The Car Boot Sale Shop' towards Liberty Hall if that's what the Op was talking about.

That must be it i'm sure as there was no other shops around, although i read somewhere that it was a fairly large place, is this bric brac shop large i wonder, think i did see it and thought it looked small inside.. Cheers for replying..

Advertisement