Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb in Edenmore

Options
  • 15-02-2009 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

just heard the army has detonated a device thrown through the window of a house in Edenmore,it wasn't a dummy either
    Madness!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Should be in Dublin City.

Didn't hear it myself though I'm not all that close.

Next it will be assault rifles and RPG's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Waaah, Edenmore is Edenbleedindeadly... and so on. Just a normal day for you and me, for you and me in paradise... la de da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lucky it didnt go off, otherwise it'd be edennomore...

Bed time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

hmmm well now i understand why i saw the Army Bomb Disposal Unit, a Garda Jeep and 2 unmarked Garda cars tearing it up Eden Quay at about 9.55pm this evening....looks like someone in Edenmore was upset about not getting a Valentine's Day card....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Edenmore of "Edenmore AOK" infamy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kev_s88 wrote: »
    hmmm well now i understand why i saw the Army Bomb Disposal Unit, a Garda Jeep and 2 unmarked Garda cars tearing it up Eden Quay at about 9.55pm this evening....looks like someone in Edenmore was upset about not getting a Valentine's Day card....:D

Bloody public servants, nothing better to do than defuse deadly bombs :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Mairt wrote: »
    Bloody public servants, nothing better to do than defuse deadly bombs :P

Sure those guys will hardly make to the pension - slash another 7% outa their wages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i heard it go off as im around the corner from the avenue, it sounded like a jumbo jet coming down

did anyone in edenmore just hear the massive explosion, it sounded like a jumbo jet going down?
    the next door neighbour is a detective and according to her it was a bomb
    anyone know whats going on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Twas probably this, second part of the story
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0522/darndale.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Another one was detonated on the Park last night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

What's the deal with all those bombs all over the place? Are they all gangland-related - Is this how they talk to each other these days?
    And also, what's the deal with all these bombs that don't go off? I mean - that's fine with me, but what's the big idea? Do they not want them to go off at all in the first place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Oink wrote: »
    What's the deal with all those bombs all over the place? Are they all gangland-related - Is this how they talk to each other these days?
    And also, what's the deal with all these bombs that don't go off? I mean - that's fine with me, but what's the big idea? Do they not want them to go off at all in the first place?

Its because they're useless fcucking morons who dont know thier arses from thier elbows.
    Drugged-up halfwits who cant even commit crimes properly yet all think they're Tony Montana.

And in unrelated news a body of man has just been found in Edenmore in the bushes beside Joey's hospital.

raheny red wrote: »
    And in unrelated news a body of man has just been found in Edenmore in the bushes beside Joey's hospital.

any idea which bushes? the dart side or river side over by harmonstown road?

any idea which bushes? the dart side or river side over by harmonstown road?

At Harmonstown Bridge (in the bushes between Joeys and the river I'm guessing). Plenty of emergency service crews there about 3 hours ago.

Advertisement