Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographer recommendation

• 15-02-2009 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

My son's second birthday is next week and I want to get his photo taken to mark his birthday.I need a good photographer who won't cost a fortune.I checked some studios from the golden pages and was surprised at the high cost of photographers.I'm in Dublin.I want nice portraits of my son.Can anyone give me some recommendations.You can PM me because I don't think Boards like advertising.Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Please post general comments in this thread & any offers by PM, as requested.

The cost of Studio Photography is not really high when you realise what goes into it. The Photographer has to own a Studio or hire one, neither of which comes cheap as the equipment is expensive & the cost of Real Estate is Dublin is nortorious. You then have the time involved in finding out what you want from the session, shooting the frames, then post processing those images on high quality computers that need constant updating. After that there are printing costs, where once again quality comes at a price. Then the ordinary business expenses need to be covered. Somewhere in all that the Photographer needs to make enough to support their own family.

To get to a stage where someone is able to offer Studio Photography at that level takes a long time & so you are getting years of experience. They have to now their trade so well as to get consistent high level results. Their reputation & living rely on it. This is what you are paying for when you engage someone.

I have photographed children in a Studio and had some success, but it was for family & friends without any pressure of having to meet a standard. To do this as a Professional is a whole different kettle of fish.

Those who are going to reply, I would suggest you read the recent thread on Insurance & take that into account before offering a Professional Service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

I think the cost of photography is very high here.I say that from experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

todolist wrote: »
    I think the cost of photography is very high here.I say that from experience.

i'd respectfully suggest that it depends what you are looking for and what your expectations are for the standard that you will receive. I mean €10 is expensive if your Budget is €8. there are expensive options out there but buyer beware tbh.

a post recently outlined how they spent about the cost of a entry dslr camera (probably €350-€400) for a single 8x10. to me that is too much but it serves a particular point in the market. not for me though. what's worse is that you could spend that and not get what you wanted (not necessarily the photogs problem).

definitely buyer beware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Thanks to the posters so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement