Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a desk

• 15-02-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new computer/gaming desk. I was thinking of something along the lines of this.

deskzi8.jpgsizeco4.jpg

It can be got online for handy money, but If i can get something similar around town for around €250 - €300 Id get it. So i though someone here might know where one could be got as I'm a bit lazy to go around looking :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

well,have a look in the argos catalouge,theres someting similar to wot your looking 4 but its not as fancy but its a 100euro cheaper :) are they built in speakers in the frame of the above desk or just design ?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

IMO that looks awful.
    I do like the shelf underneath the desk, but I hate the two level top.
    I believe a computer desk should be on one level and not split up.
    Argos do a lovely glass desk, single level, which looks the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

are they built in speakers in the frame of the above desk or just design ?? :)

Dont think so. I think its more of a housing for cables then anything.
    I do like the shelf underneath the desk, but I hate the two level top.

I should have also said that its also for my xbox 360 and ps3 hence the need for the extra shelf :P

Thanks for the quick replies.. off to open the argos book and have a look. Forgot I had a copy :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Try Fieldmaster. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

I had this thread going not so long ago!

I can tell you the prices of alot of nice desks as i went to look at alot so in the end i thought im not spend 350 on something i can build myself so i did just that and i built it myself,

Have you ever done woodwork in school like?

All i did was use simple mortice joints screw and glue and i built the main desk frame with wood i got in Morrisey's for 15 Euro the top piece of wood was 35 euro but what a job i will post pics if i can get them up here

• Advertisement

If you want i will build another for a small fee of course but its a nice job and you could give me your specs and at the end if your not happy i will just keep it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Looks nice. I havent found anything I want yet. Also not looking for a wooden desk im fixed on a glass one :p But if push comes to shove ill end up making one myself. Thanks for the offer tho.

The picture doesnt do it justice and it wasnt sanded or varnished before then, but i tell thee its a top job, especially at the price i paid for the wood,

I was in Harvey Normans there before i made it and i looked at the price of similar ones and just couldnt fathom the price and quality of them so i made one myself and a good one at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

it's a few months ago and I can't remember the name of the place but the designer furniture place out on the Tramore road, opposite woodies did a range of glass office furniture/computer desks upstairs when last I was there.

Advertisement