Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Mini Cold Frame

Options
  • 15-02-2009 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just spotted that Aldi's specials for next Thursday include a few gardening items. I like the look of the mini cold frame. Might buy one to plonk on top of my raised bed.
    It's 44.99 Euro. What do you think?
    Will try to paste a link here, but as it's my 1st time trying, apologies if it doesn't work.
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_8319.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

We had one of these Aldi plastic cold frames but it was very flimsy and ended up in the bin after a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Thanks Anncee,
    I think I'll go into Aldi on Thursday & get a closer look. If it lasts me for 2 or 3 seasons it might be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fuinnseog

I don't have experience with their cold frame but their mini-greenhouse is excellent, very sturdy compared with other more expensive plastic greenhouses. I'm going to snap up a second tonight!

Their seed trays are also much sturdier than the usual flimsy black plastic variety availble from most garden centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi Fuinnseog,
    I bought my mini coldframe yesterday morning & I must say that I'm impressed! I also bought one of their seed &cuttings trays. I'll use the tray to start up my veggies.

No stopping me now !

Advertisement