Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Cartron

Options
  • 15-02-2009 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

As the title says,I believe there was a shooting in Cartron last night.Nobody seems to know who it was that was shot.
    Has anybody heard anything on this topic,heard it was on RTÉ news as well but I missed it:(

Just found a link on Ocean FM,and supposedly the shop was broken into and the windows damaged!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Nothing confirmed by the guards.
    I reckon some muppet shot a gun off and the story grew legs.
    I live in cartron and was at the shop twice yesterday (That's where it apparently happened) and no sign of gaurds anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Damn!!!! Was hoping that it was a Death Dealer out of the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I mentioned it to a branchman in the boozer during the ruggers, he just shrugged his shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I reckon it was one of the 'hopeful new moderators' trying to take out a rival:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

any chance that could be an old story on ocean, its not dated, plus nothing on rte still

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    any chance that could be an old story on ocean, its not dated, plus nothing on rte still

Well all the neighbours were talking about it.

I still reckon some muppet shot a gun off or something and the story grew legs...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gillie wrote: »
    Well all the neighbours were talking about it.

I still reckon some muppet shot a gun off or something and the story grew legs...

sounds more than likely, was chatting to one of my mates from the area, and he knew nothing about it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BigPoppaFluff

irish-stew wrote: »
    sounds more than likely, was chatting to one of my mates from the area, and he knew nothing about it

Hi, I'm new here.. I been asking around about the shooting.. No one I know has heard anything..:eek:

Welcome! Enjoy your stay with us!

Gillie wrote: »
    Welcome! Enjoy your stay with us!

Thanking you ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Hi, I'm new here.. I been asking around about the shooting.. No one I know has heard anything..:eek:

yep welcom to the boards, beware you can get addicted!!

yep welcom to the boards, beware you can get addicted!!

It may help me pass a few idle minutes in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Indeed, Velcome.

So far we only have the info from Gillie, so have you any more to add to the gossip? (we might as well talk about something)

Heard today apprently a guy was shot in the leg? Has anyone heard anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Another shooting is the last thing Sligo needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭justcallmetex

From what I hear it's the usual suspects over the usual stuff.

From what I hear it's the usual suspects over the usual stuff.
    I heard there was an accidental discharge of a weapon. All names can be assumed so can you tell us more of what you heard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I heard that the weekender wrote that the shooting didnt happen because of who it was that was shot apparently it did happen. needless to say i cant say who it is apparently that was shot over this.

I heard there was an accidental discharge of a weapon. All names can be assumed so can you tell us more of what you heard?

OK some guy owes some other people money for some time 20k or so I'm told. I believe and I don't know names the guy shot may have had one or two cars burned out the past few months?

OK some guy owes some other people money for some time 20k or so I'm told. I believe and I don't know names the guy shot may have had one or two cars burned out the past few months?

Great thing about Sligo nothing can be kept a secret for long:D Even with no papers reporting anything and rumours flying around left right and centre the truth comes out eventually:)

I heard there may have been an intervention to stop papers and radio reporting the incident but again could have been hear'say

• Advertisement

Great thing about Sligo nothing can be kept a secret for long:D Even with no papers reporting anything and rumours flying around left right and centre the truth comes out eventually:)

I heard there may have been an intervention to stop papers and radio reporting the incident but again could have been hear'say

I wouldn't be surprised

I wouldn't be surprised
    Neither would I but would love confirmation all the same

Advertisement