Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehoues (ROI) Wont let me return a faulty phone bought up in the CPW (NI)

• 15-02-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

I bought the Sony Ericsson C905 up in Belfast just after Christmas but last week I got a problem with it. I cant hear anyone when I ring them. Now I have to go back up north to get it fixed. Carphone warehouse down here said they are different Companies CPW (ROI) and CPW (UK) so they won't do anything for me. The problem is I am going to Australia in 4 weeks and the phone will probably be sent off for repair for over 28 days. Really annoying as I probably wont get it back in time. Guess this a lesson for buying something cheaper up the north.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Nah, don't bother going back up north with it, they probably wont swap it out anyway, send it/drop it yourself to MPRC www.mprc.ie for repair! Hopefully you'll have it back before you go to OZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Nah, don't bother going back up north with it, they probably wont swap it out anyway, send it/drop it yourself to MPRC www.mprc.ie for repair! Hopefully you'll have it back before you go to OZ!

Cheers, thanks very much for the reply. It says on there website if the phone is still under warranty they will repair it for free so thats brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

One thing to note is that sometimes there can be a delay with mprc and sony ericssons repairs due to having to return to manufacturer or waiting on parts. Granted that's a bit of a generalisation but I've seen it been longer than 4 weeks with them an SE phones sometimes. Some other boards members might have other experiences. There's also fonefix.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

yes sometimes they need to be sent back to England, that takes 3 weeks or more for them to be returned but from my experience if they're sent to England they send back a new phone, so even if the OP has gone to OZ someone can post on his phone, granted its not ideal though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

As I posted previously here I had to wait 6 weeks odd for a SE repair, which was a replacement phone. It seems to have been in Poland, judging by the documentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

just to concur with what most have said here, mprc sometimes have to send se handsets back to the uk or poland. turnaround is between 3-5 weeks

and to add, carphone warehouse can send the phone to mprc on your behalf even if you didnt buy it from them as long as you can supply proof of purchase. so, op, go back to your local cpw with your cpw ni receipt and tell them that.

oh and by the way...do you ever switch off youre phone? if not a simple reset may solve your problem, take the battery out while the phone is on, put it back and switch it back on. that ay save you a trip/wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,471 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Before someone asks, MPRC do a very quick (same day if you're in before 11) turnaround with Nokia phones, I have left them in lots of Nokias and only once did I have to fork out cash, every other time they honoured the warranty, including the odd one I bought from Pixmania in France.

Advertisement