Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral frenulum piercing

Options
  • 15-02-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

This is my latest idea for my next percing , i wanted something unusual and different and this seems to be it. just wondering if any one here had it done are are they very difficult to look after during the healing period ....more so then other piercings. ive my tongue done - would that interfere with it at all ie. get caught in it (i want a bar)?

any info greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Do u mean your tongue frenulum? I've had it done and it was grand, your tongue piercing should be further forward than this piercing so shouldn't cause problems. When I got it done I wanted a ring, but they said it's better to pierce with a bar cos it's more comfortable for healing.

It was by far the most painless piercing I've had, literally I was in and out in 5 mins and most of that was the piercer discussing the aftercare! It was a bit sensitive for the next couple of days (don't go sticking your tongue out!). I didn't get it caught in anything, except I got hubba bubba stuck around it. (Although I was told to avoid chewing gum for the first few weeks so it was entirely my own fault:o). All the aftercare really involves is keeping your mouth clean. Get a new toothbrush cos the old one has bacteria on it, brush your teeth twice a day as normal and rinse twice or three times a day with non alcoholic mouthwash. The healing time is a week!!!

Sadly mine has fallen out, the ball unscrewed one day and I couldn't get the bar back in myself:(. By the time I got home and my OH tried to get it back in, the hole had kinda closed over and we didn't really want to force it. That's the only one thing that's annoying about it, it's practically impossible to do anything with it yourself. If you want to change jewellery you'll really need to go to a piercer because of the angle it's at. Maybe invest in a pair of those little pliers things that piercers have so that you can tighten the balls up if needs be (once it's nice and healed up of course!)

Having read your post, it really makes me miss mine!! I think I'll be taking a trip to the piercing studio next week :) Hope this info was helpful! Good luck with the piercing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

well went to get it done yesterday - but they wouldnt do it because they said id veins running very close ...which is fair enough. was kinda disapointed...

....so then i got my neck done - and love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

Why do piercers in Dublin keep turning away oral piercings cos of veins??? They can usually be done around them. Always go to the most reputable studios and always get a second opinion. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

Why do piercers in Dublin keep turning away oral piercings cos of veins??? They can usually be done around them. Always go to the most reputable studios and always get a second opinion. ;)

In fairness it wasnt in dublin, Im currently living abroad and the place I go to the the place that I trust most and all seems above board. So I do trust their opinion...

Saying that,....I am hopefully gonna get a second opinion with a dublin piercer when im home. :D I dont think they even do them over here....sure it was the guys first time doing a neck piercing!

Advertisement