Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Fighter IV out early????!!!!!!

• 15-02-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Some of my xbla friends in england have this game already. They said some of the back street shops have released it early!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone know if it's out here now and if so where?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Back street shops

OR

Maybe they have moded console's and are playing copy's as it is out a while on the net

Dont think any shop's will have it out for sale you could just go up to the counter and try buy it all they can say is we dont have it or NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

Back street shops

OR

Maybe they have moded console's and are playing copy's as it is out a while on the net

Dont think any shop's will have it out for sale you could just go up to the counter and try buy it all they can say is we dont have it or NO

My friend said it's the back street shops alright. I remember there was some game on sale in Game a week early because some staff trainee made a mistake so all Game stores had to sell it early, I can't remember the name of the game right now.

Oh please game staff just make a "mistake" with this one again.lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Theres very little chance that a large high street store like game would sell it early,small independent shops are peoples only hope, unless you have a modded console:(

Oh well it's only four or five more days. The achievements look good and attainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

hey guys,

mate of mine got his ps3 copy sent early (although wasn`t expecting it) from a shop he that we both normally use on ebay...pro-gamer shop... he got it on friday and i had a quick go yesterday.. As i haven`t played the arcade version, so i can`t compare, but i like it..

Graphics are cool and sound is quite good also..i think he paid the equivlent of around €50..

its due out this friday, the 20th here, so i might pick it up as i have a voucher for game and there hasn`t been much out to shout about recently..don`t know if to get the PS3 or 360 version...

I have heard it is available on the net and i was tempted to have a look and dl it for the 360 to test, but decided against..will prob wait for a review or rent it to help decide which version to get.. or even wait to see what you guys on here think as you all are slowly becoming my gaming bible..lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

out on tuesday in the states so if anyone booked it from the likes of vg+ they might get it early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

surely game retailers wouldn't get this in until tuesday/wednesday at the earliest?

not sure how it works, but i do know that in the past places have had some games in a week in advance

theres no real reason for the shops not to take their stock delivery as soon as the games are available for distribution like

Its been released in japan a few days ago, which in turn in English and Region free.

surely game retailers wouldn't get this in until tuesday/wednesday at the earliest?

I saw copies of the basic edition in Gamestop yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I saw copies of the basic edition in Gamestop yesterday.

Any mention of a price or have they just got their preorder stickers so far?

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Any mention of a price or have they just got their preorder stickers so far?

Basic edition if fifty the special edition is one hundred.

whats in the special edition? got a usb key and a chun li figurine with mine lol

Ryu and C.Viper figurines,the SFIV anime,the soundtrack,5 free downloadable costumes and the strategy guide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shinji Ikari, what gamestop were selling early? I rang my local store and asked if they had it...they laughed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Shinji Ikari, what gamestop were selling early? I rang my local store and asked if they had it...they laughed :rolleyes:

They only have the boxes out I'd assume. Tried Argos myself today as they had a release date of 13th listed in the catalogue, cashier looked confused "It says in stock but it won't let me pick it," she said. She got onto her supervisor who was wide to me and told me that it;d be friday before I'd get my mitts on it.

Really thought I was in there for a minute:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Shopto.com have started sending out orders today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bush wrote: »
    Shopto.com have started sending out orders today.

So are play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

3 days to go. Working late Tuesday-Thursday so I can get out noon Friday and lock myself away. Hoping Play get my pad to me Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Do I need to pre-order this or will I be able to pick up a copy on Friday ?

Are retail stores here (xtravision or gamestop) selling the collectors edition ?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

They were'nt selling it early they just had the game on display. My Xbla friends said they got it in the back street shops in England. So no major retail store will sell them early I suppose.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

That's generally how it works alright - it depends on who the retailer sources their stock from. The largest will be getting them straight from the publishers and are likely to receive them on the tuesday morning - most of the independent retailers ( the stand alone and smaller chains like Golden Discs / Harvey Normans etc ) will get theirs on the Wed / Thursday as the Irish distributors take a day or so to turn it around and out to retailers.

Can't remember ever having stock in a week before - unless it was a pre release promo copy.

Advertisement