Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted post in Limerick City forum?

Options
  • 15-02-2009 1:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

I think this is the right place, if not then by all means move it.

I started a thread yesterday which was obviously deleted, im not complaining whatsoever, just wondering, why?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Did you pm the mods of the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

What was the thread topic?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Melion wrote: »
    I started a thread yesterday which was obviously deleted, im not complaining whatsoever, just wondering, why?

PMing the Mod who deleted it would be the best course of action.
    None of us here know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You claimed that someone had died without providing any evidence of it, i.e. news report and the like.

If the person in your post had actually died, then their family should hear it from the Guards before seeing it splashed all over the internet. If they are not dead then it is a pretty malicious thing to do.

But because you provided no citation for your claim, I have no way of telling, so I deleted it.

@Beruthiel

The soft deleted topic is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055488559

As you can see the person was named in the post. Also note the lack of a verifiable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea.. Link to an article to verify a story is important. Boards im sure dont want a false story to spread that could come back to stab them..erm, i mean bite

• Advertisement
Advertisement