Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shatner in XI

Options
  • 15-02-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

Anybody here think the whole "Shatner snubbed from new movie/only interested in lead role" thing is a cover up his surprise appearance in the film?

I think it's getting more unlikely as the release gets closer, but I have to admit I'll be disappointed if they don't undo the events of GENERATIONS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye thats another thing that has me pissed off. did you see shatners responces on youtube? (the real one) Hew was never approached,contacted or even asked about a large or small role in the movie.

fu JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I cling to hope it's all a cover....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Spock is in it from Picard's time, so the only way that Shatner could show is either if they did a scene midway between the 24th and 23rd century, or if they reversed what happened in GENERATIONS.

Either possibility would only further confuse a plotline that already involves time travel and a galaxy-wide reboot. Plus, some eejits would be like, isn't Kirk dead? Oh he's alive again?! Wait, what?

Personally, I'm glad Shatner's not in it.

(Here come the furious torpedoes of pro-Shatnerisms. RAISE SHIELDS!)

Kirk deserves a decent death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Spock is in it from Picard's time, so the only way that Shatner could show is either if they did a scene midway between the 24th and 23rd century, or if they reversed what happened in GENERATIONS.

Either possibility would only further confuse a plotline that already involves time travel and a galaxy-wide reboot. Plus, some eejits would be like, isn't Kirk dead? Oh he's alive again?! Wait, what?

Personally, I'm glad Shatner's not in it.

(Here come the furious torpedoes of pro-Shatnerisms. RAISE SHIELDS!)

Since the whole movie is allegedly
    in an alternative timeline and since Spock travels back in time to brief himself :rolleyes:
    it would be trivial for Spock to tell Kirk something that would allow Kirk to survive Generations.

IMHO it would be great if the Shat makes some kind of cameo appearence but who knows?

EDIT to add:
    Plus, some eejits would be like, isn't Kirk dead? Oh he's alive again?! Wait, what?

I hear what you're saying but one of my main concerns about this movie is the extent to which it may be aimed at those kind of "eejits" (or may not I hope :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

a great idea would be to have picard and data feature in the film too like Riker and Troi in TATV, the B4 has become data due to the restoration of the data memory files in his positronic net and they meet spock who tells them about the timeline problem.

no picard. no data. no tng.

kirk and crew don't that shower.

they are in a prequel comic which is too much as it is.

Advertisement