Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orange Juice (and others) : Concentrated vs Direct

• 15-02-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

aa5f1593634d9b6d3c3e048ef3667211.jpg

Is buying direct juice (ie, not from concentrate) seen as a luxury ?
    How much is actually lost when it's reconstituted?

I think that Squeez is the only nice tasting from concentrate orange juice but unfortunately the direct juice (Tropicana) is very expensive. Dunnes has direct juice that I think is the same as thr Tropicana but in it's own packaging. I much prefer the not from concentrate stuff.

Some of the reconstituted juices are awful though aren't they ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I remember reading an article on concentrated v non-concentrated, and it said there was no difference in nutritional value between the two.

Of course, the article could have been paid for by a concentrated orange juice company :) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I grew up drinking concentrated juice and I was a healthy boy...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Concentrated orange juice is orange juice that's completely dehydrated, frozen, shipped, thawed and bulked up with water and sugar. It's about half actual orange juice, I'd say. NTC orange juice is simply frozen, shipped and thawed.

Advertisement