Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible rent per acre

• 15-02-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi wondering how much l could charge for rent per acre for ground this year,

keeping in mind that l will only be letting out the ground for silage/hay not for grazing l have had 2 farmers come to me about this and know of 2 other farmers that would be interested

one paid me per bale last yr and the other used to rent the ground a few yrs back from my late father although lm unsure what he charged per acre

givin that silage is in short supply in my area at the moment l think this would work in my favour l would be keeping entitlemets myself and hope to let ground for 125 euro per acre is this a resonable amount to ask? thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

I owuld think that 100 would be more in order, with the buyer to spread his own fertilizer. Also, you need to make quite clear to buyer that you are NOT allowing him to use the maps and claim area aid or any other grants.

Another way to do it, woudl be to simply advertise it closer to cutting time in the local paper or via a local mart/auctioneer.

Advertisement