Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sparks from the plug!

• 15-02-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

HI, today I used my vacuum cleaner to clean my car. After a good 10 min break I turned it on again and noticed sparks coming from the plug and socket. I pulled it out immediately. I thought it might be the socket so I tried another one in the house and the same thing happenend with sparks flying out.

Anyone got any avice? Do I need to change the fuse in the socket or is the vacuum cleaner dead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its seems like the hover is faulty. Could be just the plug top. Did you try another appliance in the same socket? If its just the plug top you could open it and check the connections possible loose. You might not be able too though if its a sealed plug top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

and if it is a sealed plug, just cut it off and put on a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jonoor

Just as davton says. open plug top.sounds like lead was being pulled from the car making the connections loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try this later this evening to see if it works. I'll let you know the results! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks again to everyone. I changed the plug and the hoover works like a dream again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

yea, but was it melting wires in the plug that should have tripped ? unless a badly loose connection?

Advertisement