Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkshire puddings

• 15-02-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Has anyone ever made yorkshire puddings using silicon muffin pans? How did they turn out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I've not used one but would be concerned that it is heatproof at the higher temperatures needed for yorkshires - some silicon trays are only good to 220c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mr.Canon

I woudn't dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I don't know if it's a good idea to heat up oil in a silicon muffin tray tbh! Not only might it not survive the temp, but it would be a tad dangerous? I know you would put it onto a baking tray, but still moving it around would be a tad dodgy. I'd say stick to the metal. Or if you don't have one - use a cake tin for one monster pud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've made them in a silicon muffin pan and they turned out perfect. I was a bit dubious at fist until i did some googling and found out you can buy silicon trays branded as yorkshire pud trays. When I made them (i'm making more today :D) I heated the oil in the oven in a small metal tray first then poured the hot oil into the muffin cups then added the batter.

For the batter (to make 6 puds) I get 2 eggs and put them in a measuing jug - whatever the volume comes to I add the same vol of milk and of flour and they always turn out perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Silicone's good to more than half a thousand degrees Celsius. then it hits a flashpoint and goes away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement