Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistake on the bypass???

• 15-02-2009 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

If you go about 500 meters from WIT in Carriganore towards the Manor Court on the new bypass, you'll see the finished road has been excavated to it's full depth (approx 8-10 meters!). Attached are a few pics, have they "left out" an underpass??????????? The gap is around 10 meters long.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Funny you should say that, I noticed that the other night. I am assuming they just havent completed that road yet as there was machinery still there the other day on both sides. Since other aspsects of the road on both sides of it are layed out and there is the bridge on top I am assuming for some reason its delayed.

I would have assumed the road would have been completed before doing the bridge which is new as the road was fairly level a month or so ago with no sign of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

I think you may be referring to a different structure Sully. The stretch of road I refer to was completely surfaced and the crash barriers were up, now they've torn it all up 8-10 meters deep

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wellbutty wrote: »
    I think you may be referring to a different structure Sully. The stretch of road I refer to was completely surfaced and the crash barriers were up, now they've torn it all up 8-10 meters deep

Ah crap. My apologises, so I have. I was refering to the bridge outside the Hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Another example of incompotent pr1cks wasting money, oh sure we have loads of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So incompetent they are ahead of schedule, eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Another example of incompotent pr1cks wasting money, oh sure we have loads of it

This is private money they are wasting . Please remember it is a PPP and will be tolled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

From reliable sources the excavations are due to the loss of an expensive piece of lab testing equipment that went missing about 6 months ago, it was worth something like €150,000 and there are only 3 of them in the country - it somehow managed to get buried in the fill material, it was found about 5m below ground, exactly where the site engineer who had last used it and had left the project about 6 months ago said it would be.

Good digging there Road-Hog! :D

I had noticed that the excavation was exactly at a chainage point, that's how they would've known where it was buried so

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Road-Hog wrote: »
    From reliable sources the excavations are due to the loss of an expensive piece of lab testing equipment that went missing about 6 months ago, it was worth something like €150,000 and there are only 3 of them in the country - it somehow managed to get buried in the fill material, it was found about 5m below ground, exactly where the site engineer who had last used it and had left the project about 6 months ago said it would be.

OUCH!!! Thats a P45 moment if I ever heard of one.. :D

Your source is obviously VERY wrong! Attached are the latest photos of this same spot, this underpass looks like a cattle or tractor pass, 8-10 feet wide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Haha some sickner either way. Could you imagine being the one to screw either case up to begin with? Shame of it like!!!

Advertisement