Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky digibox

Options
  • 15-02-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have free to air channels on sky digibox For the past month or so picture is flickering all the time Can anyone tell me what is the problem I am living in swords area of dublin Grateful for any help TM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Try the sat forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

jamel wrote: »
    i have free to air channels on sky digibox For the past month or so picture is flickering all the time Can anyone tell me what is the problem I am living in swords area of dublin Grateful for any help TM

Press Services > System Setup > Signal Test: look at the signal strength & quality - if either are below half, then it's likely dish misalignment, caused by excessive weather, etc.
    If you have a weak signal, call Sierra (SKY installers) to realign your dish: 01-4198686

If your signal is fine, try a new SKY box - I'm selling 3 here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=93556&cat=500

There are only 2 elements in the equation: your sky box, and your satellite signal. It has to be one of these, assuming your TV is okay (which you can test by watching a DVD, etc, through the same scart input that your SKY box is currently going into - just to make sure it's not the scart input in your TV, or scart cable).

Note: A poor signal causes picture 'break-up' (blocky pixelation & freezing) as opposed to 'flicker' (a juddering/shaky image).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jamel

thanks for your help picture ok now i think the problem was i had a dvd player on top and i must have affected it by lack of ventilation
    TM

Advertisement