Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a Mixer upgrade??

• 15-02-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of selling my DJM-600 and buying a Behringer DDM-4000. The reason for doing this is I lost my part-time job and I want to get another CDJ-400. The 150-200 euro of profit would go a long way towards buying my CDJ!

Thanks for any advise,
    Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wouldn't view it as anything other than a downgrade myself, but it should be a grand mixer for home use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ive just heard so many good things about the DDM but im still unsure. Before the DJM-600 I had a Behringer DJX-700 and that thing was horrible :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

I own the DDM 4000 and i seriously love it to bits

I use it for with traktor pro and the amount of little buttons and knobs that are all midi assignable make this mixer so good.

The sound of it is top quality, the effects, IMO, are even better than the Pioneers, just doesnt have the roll effect, but the echo and filters more than make up for it.

Really great mixer, defo go for it you wont be dissapointed

Cheers for the reply Steve, I have Torq and I was thinking of using it as a midi controller for that alongside my midi keyboard. That is a feature that is drawing me towards buying the mixer.

More than Likely ill have my DJM on adverts in the coming days so :D..

Damm economy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

behringer = complete turd

avoid

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    behringer = complete turd

avoid
    Have you used THIS mixer?

no need to

behringer make budget crap that falls apart, or gradually stops working

quite simply, theyre fisher price rubbish compared with the proper mixers theyre based around

you can chose to ignore what im saying and buy it, thinking you cant go wrong for the price, but if you do, remember to come back to us when youre buying a replacement in 8 months time and let us know

i had my mixer since it came out and i havent had the slightest problem with it, it has optical faders so the faders will basically never need replaced. I would agree that all the other behringer mixers are ****e but they have really hit the nail on the head with this one, and if you havent used it then you can hardly comment.

Most pioneer and allen heath users will snarl at anyone using a behringer, thats the reaction ive got when i tell people i have one, then they use it and take everything they said back, tis a great mixer

Helix wrote: »
    no need to

behringer make budget crap that falls apart, or gradually stops working

quite simply, theyre fisher price rubbish compared with the proper mixers theyre based around

you can chose to ignore what im saying and buy it, thinking you cant go wrong for the price, but if you do, remember to come back to us when youre buying a replacement in 8 months time and let us know

Fair point the DJX I had was a terrible mixer but my friend has one of these and the quality is far better than the DJX. Also I have read this thread on the Torq forums and people seem to really like the features this mixer provides!

If I could afford a xone mixer id buy a xone mixer but im a student with no income I need the money and I want a 2nd CDJ-400.

• Advertisement

dont listen to the nay sayers man, ive used this mixer for about 2 or 3 hours a day since i got it and its still in mint condition, have gigged with it in clubs with no problem, a friend of mine with a djm 400 actually went as far to say he is jealous of my mixer, thats really how good it is, people just dont want to believe that something cheap can be good

Fair point the DJX I had was a terrible mixer but my friend has one of these and the quality is far better than the DJX. Also I have read this thread on the Torq forums and people seem to really like the features this mixer provides!

tbh, some of the posts in that thread lead me to believe that these people have no idea what a decent mixer is

features dont make a mixer, build quality does

you dont want a mixer with loads of cool features that starts leaking after a few months. seriously man, ALWAYS go with quality over features, always

buy cheap, buy twice

eh surely features and build quality both make a great mixer,

this mixer is has a solid metal casing, i dropped my mixer from about 5 foot up only for it to land on the side with the faders etc, and guess what it was still working fine.

Optical faders = quality
    32 bit digital = quality

from thomann.de "exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life. "

its made differently to old behringer mixers which i am well aware were utter ****e, so dont knock it till youve tried it

more features also adds more creativety

so get over yourself mate!

build quality is the most important aspect of any mixer

behringer have a ridiculously shocking track record. the only people who defend behringer mixers are people who have newly bought them, and funnily enough they generally go on to be their biggest critics

there is a reason behringer have such a poor reputation, but dont worry, we all defend poor purchases until we replace them, i wont judge you :P

you obviously dont get it.

this is a completely different mixer to any behringer mixer before,

as ive already said ive used it about two to three hours a day since august and i have dropped it onto a concrete floor and its still in mint condition

if you havent used it then dont say its **** build quality, cause i can tell you its very robust, ive gigged with it plenty of times and its given me no problems whatsover

all the people that attack this mixer have never used it, i have convinced countless djs that it is a great mixer by simply letting them play with

what other mixers have you owned?

This is the main feature I love about this mixer Youtube
    Its ability to control Midi is a great feature and one id like to take advantage for!!

As said b4 I've owned a Behringer DJX and that was terrible and I now have a DJM-600 which I personally think is very solid but is a little bland when it comes to effects processing!

had a lend of a djm 600 for about 8 months before i bought the behringer and before than i had a ****ty gemini mixer

yeah man the midi is a big selling point like, you can assign so many buttons and knobs, like i have nearly everything thats assignable n traktor assigned to the mixer and i have still a few spare buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

I hate behringer and their little plastic toys. utter **** if you ask me and I'll never buy from them again. Stick with the pioneer or maybe a denon mixer if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

SteveDon wrote: »
    you obviously dont get it.

this is a completely different mixer to any behringer mixer before,

as ive already said ive used it about two to three hours a day since august and i have dropped it onto a concrete floor and its still in mint condition

if you havent used it then dont say its **** build quality, cause i can tell you its very robust, ive gigged with it plenty of times and its given me no problems whatsover

all the people that attack this mixer have never used it, i have convinced countless djs that it is a great mixer by simply letting them play with

Do you work for behringer???

Progger wrote: »
    Do you work for behringer???

Have you tried THIS mixer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

okay so I have tried this mixer.its definitely the best mixer behringer have made but they missed the mark on the upfaders.they are cheap and actually fell off when I used it.its not a bad mixer but its definitely not a pioneer beater.it feels robust though but thats really nothing to brag about as mixers should be built sturdy.
    now is it a step up?
    I'd say yes as you seem to want the midi features.for a straight mixer I would stick with the pioneer.
    previous mixers ive owned are vestax( the best mixers out there IMO)numark,ecler.I play out regularly on rane rotaries and pioneers.just incase my credibility is called into question ;)

Advertisement