Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland & OpenVPN - Will it Work

• 15-02-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to check if anyone has successfully used OpenVPN client using 3's broadband service.

I have my server set up and wanted to test my client via a 3 connection but I am thinking I can save myself a lot of headscratching if someone else tried it and failed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I tried LogMeIn with poor results. I'm of the opinion that 3 is not much use for anything more than checking webmail and reading a few webpages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've used O2 to my own VPN server connected via Metro. It worked, though uploads slow. The shared IP and Proxy system 3 use could be a problem. Also speed and disconnects are issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Well it was just to teach myself about setting up OpenVPN and I'm happy to report that it works albeit slowly - might save someone in a pinch to know.

Advertisement