Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favorite fizzy watery extremely-comercial beer?

• 15-02-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Which is it? poll to follow

favorite bland crap beer? 49 votes

Budweiser
    0% 0 votes
    Miller
    6% 3 votes
    Heineken
    18% 9 votes
    Carlsberg
    44% 22 votes
    Becks
    16% 8 votes
    Fosters
    8% 4 votes
    Other..specify...has to be something that we're all likely to have tasted, probably as a child
    6% 3 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If its warm it would have to be heino, tbh though, drinking really warm beer is horrible, if its unavoidable go for a ale or cider instead (Should taste much better warm than a lager)

Nick

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Carona I guess :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

guinness nitro swill is as low down the ladder as I go.
    (with the exception of if there's something yellow and fizzy that I've never had before, I'll taste one so I can say I did).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

I disagree with becks being there,

its a good quality albeit very available beer working within German purity laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

lmtduffy wrote: »
    I disagree with becks being there,

apart from Beck's Vier which is horrible 4% piss

• Advertisement

not certain if I had the vier,

Ive built up quiet a liking for it after rock im Park,
    and returning home to find 20 bottles(250ml) for €20 in tesco,
    all I need is that box, my pink shorts, my boots and vest some Germans, a pack of wet ones and loud music and its like I never left.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Beck's Vier is certainly a different beer to normal bottled Beck's.
    Auvers wrote: »
    apart from Beck's Vier which is horrible 4% piss
    The canny Irish drinker won't tolerate a lager at 4% ABV, so they water it to 4.3% for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Nobody for Stella?

Nobody for Stella?

I bought a box of stella when visiting some friends in London for a week end, nobody would drink it, I couldn't get drunk drinking it because I couldn't even drink it fast enough.

Ive bought it the odd time in pubs to be ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

lmtduffy wrote: »
    nobody would drink it

Why :confused:

I personally love Stella and at 5% if you drink 6-7 pints and you will defiantly feel it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Ah ya can't beat a nice pint of Ken...

Well you can, but its my favourite crap beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I like Corona. Although seeing as it's actually brewed in Mexico, I suppose it has some integrity, so doesn't belong on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

unfortunatly it'd be carlsberg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Been Drinking SOL Recently as my local off-licence have had a deal on.

Not a bad drink all in all.

Heineken would be my normal "beer", but guinness is my tipple of choice

Miller would be my sh*te beer of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Only beer i tend to drink when im in a pub is Guinness.
    Unless of course the pub actually has some decent beer, in which case i will pay extra for the premium beer.

I do not see the appeal of mass produced beer though, Stella would be my mass produced Lager of choice but even still i would much rather a decent brew like Bishops finger, O' Haras etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭weemcd

a thousand times miller, id go as for to say if i was never allowed another drop of anything bar one choice, id go for miller every time.

weemcd wrote: »
    a thousand times miller, id go as for to say if i was never allowed another drop of anything bar one choice, id go for miller every time.
    Ehmmm. Not sure how to say this, but are you aware it's quite likely to disappear from the Irish market in the near future? Rumour has it that SABMiller won't play ball with Beamish's new owner Heineken and may refuse to renew their licence to brew Miller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Its stout all the way for me or else German Erdinger if I am feeling cosmo..but cant drink too much it goes straight to my head after 5-6.

I cant understand how anyone can drink the ****e listed in the poll...:mad:

TBH I actually like the taste of Erdinger or even Bitter..but hand on heart..who really likes the taste of Bud or Heino or..Fosters...*shivers and recoils in horror*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭weemcd

BeerNut wrote: »
    Ehmmm. Not sure how to say this, but are you aware it's quite likely to disappear from the Irish market in the near future? Rumour has it that SABMiller won't play ball with Beamish's new owner Heineken and may refuse to renew their licence to brew Miller.

Live in the north tbh so it shouldn't be too much hassle for me to still get my hands on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I have never seen MGD on tap anywhere in England, so I don't think it's really sold here. I had it in a bottle in a restaurant once, and the bottle said "Brewed in Ireland", so I'm afraid you're out of luck with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

thats true. from next month on it will no longer be brewed in ireland.

weemcd wrote: »
    it shouldn't be too much hassle for me to still get my hands on it?
    If it's draught, or if the bottle says "brewed in Ireland", then you can expect it to go. If it's imported from Milwaukee (as Miller used to be before Beamish & Crawford took to brewing it in 1998) it'll still come in via the same channels, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Hino goes down smooooooth!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ceartgoleor

Blisterman wrote: »
    I like Corona. Although seeing as it's actually brewed in Mexico, I suppose it has some integrity, so doesn't belong on the list.

Agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Harp lager
    as a bonus if you drink enough of it you'l have very strange dreams that will keep you amused (and terrified) all night, different from normal drunk dreams

Richmond marketing will be importing it from the end of April/start of May according to one of their reps.

Richmond marketing will be importing it from the end of April/start of May.
    Oh joy. For a moment I was afraid the Irish market would lose one of its pale lagers, and we're dangerously undersupplied as it is.

Advertisement