Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Debut - Tonight?

Options
  • 15-02-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Think it's tonight. 8.30 on TG4, show's called Glas Vegas. I'll have a video up later if you miss it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Cancel that.... grrrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Just saw world famous Irish Magician Harry Guinness on tv. nice one mate! well done.

Cheers, any comments?

little nervous at start, but thats to be expected! judge was a bit of a prick to go on about knowing how it was done, obviously one of those guys who likes to grab the deck of cards off you in a pub. You were obviously pressed for time, which was a shame.
    You went for a particular style, very intense and to the point, which is fair enough, if thats what you plan to do, but I like your sense of humour too, and If I was you i'd be going for a funnier more relaxed attitude. but as i say, thats just a personal choice, its just something u follow through with in either direction.
    Did you get Blaithnaid McGee's number?? ;)

zuroph wrote: »
    little nervous at start
    Of course I was!!! They cut 3/4s of my intro at which point I settle into it more.
    judge was a bit of a prick to go on about knowing how it was done, obviously one of those guys who likes to grab the deck of cards off you in a pub.

Yeah he's their 'bargain basement Simon Cowell', he sat in on rehearsals where I had to explain what the cameras could and couldn't shoot, I notice he didn't mention that!
    You were obviously pressed for time, which was a shame.

Editing as much as anything but yeah it was tight. I ran to about 4 minutes and they edited out most of the middle section.
    You went for a particular style, very intense and to the point, which is fair enough, if thats what you plan to do, but I like your sense of humour too, and If I was you i'd be going for a funnier more relaxed attitude. but as i say, thats just a personal choice, its just something u follow through with in either direction.

Yeah. In general I will be doing a bit of both, some effects like the Drawing Dupe I feel have to be played very intense. Others like the Smash and Stab and my thing with ring boxes will be done in a much more light hearted and relaxed way. It's just the effect I chose more than anything else!
    Did you get Blaithnaid McGee's number?? ;)

Sweet feck no!!!

• Advertisement

tell me more about smash and stab? Is it the trick I'm thinking of under a different name?

Possibly. It's the commercial name of the spike and paper cups Russian roulette.

Oh and I had absolutely no input into that bloody music in the background!!!!

Yeah Spike is the PK version, Smash and Stab uses a different method. I tried putting together my own but reliability was a problem! They're pricey but it's such a good effect that I may just buy one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is there a video uploaded ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Can i watch it online, or is there repeats coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Argh, didnt see it. Need it online!

It'll be online in the next day or two!

This is me performing on TG4's talent show, Glas Vegas. Unfortunately the editing was a bit poor and due to time constraints they edited out much of the middle of the effect. More of my performance videos will be up in the next few weeks and will give you a much better idea of what I am like than this clip does.

I am performing on stage at the end of March. Visit my website for more details.

If you have any inquiries just visit my website: www.harrythemagician.ie

The text is the youtube stuff.

Advertisement