Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Current Account-Joint Account???

Options
  • 15-02-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a Bank of Ireland personal current account. I was just wondering if it is possible to make this account a joint account or would I have to open up a whole new joint account?

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, you can make it a joint account, you just call into the branch and get the form, it's the same form to open a joint account and to change a sole account to joint. You'll need to provide ID and proof of address for the new party coming on to the account, and they may wish to take copies of ID docs again for you.

It's worth noting that while you can make a sole account joint, you aren't able to turn the joint account back into a sole account, so if you feel there is a possibility that you may want the account as a sole account again in the future, just open up a separate joint account.

Advertisement