Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damn candy bags

• 15-02-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

:(((

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

I guess this is about the low drop rate for the candy bags, which are needed for the achievement. The WoW forums have a load of threads about this, with loads of people saying this achievement should be removed from the meta-achievement.

I don't seem to have had this problem; I got 2 bags in the first day and between them I managed to get all the pieces needed. Unfortunately my main is only lvl 70 so I can't finish all the achievements for the holiday. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

took me till saturday to even see a bag. then it took 3 bags.

Last night and the night before there were people sleeping beside their pc's and waking up on the hour every hour to try to get the achievement done. Something is VERY wrong if people are forced to do that.

RNG achievements in a short timeframe like this one are just stupid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

was up til 1am last night trying to get the last piece of candy and then nothing :( then a guildy told me he was on all night anyway so he logged me in every hour til 6am and still nothing :( gota wait a year now... this annoys me... alot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Got that Be Mine achievement done on friday and was relieved, really want the proto drake.

There shouldn't be achievements that rely so heavily on RNG.... It's bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I got a candy bag from like the second hourly turn in and got all but one of th sweets from it. I proceeded to do the rest of the achievements figuring I'd get another candy bag soon enough and would have a good chance of completing it then. How wrong I was! Eventually got a second candy bag on Sunday evening after logging in every hour I could over the weekend. Seriously dumb that it requires so much luck to complete this given such a short time frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

splinter wrote: »
    gota wait a year now... this annoys me... alot!
    WellyJ wrote: »
    Got that Be Mine achievement done on friday and was relieved, really want the proto drake.

What a lot of people dont seem to realise is that your more than likely going to have to wait an extra year for the drake anyway. Check out the Brew Of the Month achievement in brewfest. It requires you to sample a new beer every month that is mailed to you. So unless you signed up to it last brewfest (and very very few people did) your just gonna have to wait till october 2010 for the drake.

That doesnt excuse this stupidly random achievement though.

i understand the fact i'll have to wait, and tbh i doubt il be playing this time next year, but the fact that its such a random drop is a bit of a peeve :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I didnt even other wasting my time on this s so any people complained about it. Oe of our guild members got so pissed off hat he sent in a ticket complaining and endedup getting a 3 hour temp ban for argueing with a GM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Do you guys really care that much about achievements? I don't see much point in them apart from keeping people online...

• Advertisement

Do you guys really care that much about achievements? I don't see much point in them apart from keeping people online...

You don't want a Violet Proto-Drake?

Dustaz wrote: »
    What a lot of people dont seem to realise is that your more than likely going to have to wait an extra year for the drake anyway. Check out the Brew Of the Month achievement in brewfest. It requires you to sample a new beer every month that is mailed to you. So unless you signed up to it last brewfest (and very very few people did) your just gonna have to wait till october 2010 for the drake.

That doesnt excuse this stupidly random achievement though.

They will probably remove that requirement. They have been removing any that will take more than one year to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

From what I've read there was a bug causing the drop chance on either bags or candy to be 3% instead of the intended 30%. I thought it was hot-fixed though...

Ivan wrote: »
    From what I've read there was a bug causing the drop chance on either bags or candy to be 3% instead of the intended 30%. I thought it was hot-fixed though...

Yeh i think it was a lot lower than 30%,

I got 5 of the Black Dresses before I finished all the achievements. And they are 1% apparently.

You don't want a Violet Proto-Drake?

Well I don't want to be logged on for 6 hours a day or more just to get a proto drake... It doesn't make sence to me. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

got mine on the last night luckily, was prepared to stay till 6 am but didnt have to

and yeah i already got my hand stamped with the brew of the month club cos i figured that there'd be some unique stuff from it all year, little did i know it was that important... lucky me i guess.
    i'd still bet all my gold on them removing it from the meta tho, just cos blizzard always cave, and the amount of bitchin inc. from that ach is gonna be huge

hard luck to all of yous who didnt get Be mine! i'm fine with rng, but rng on top of rng is just gay.

so it appears that this is changing in 3.1. it will still be part of the achievement but you only need 6 of the 8 candies to get the achievement :)

and i had 7

splinter wrote: »
    so it appears that this is changing in 3.1. it will still be part of the achievement but you only need 6 of the 8 candies to get the achievement :)

and i had 7

This pretty much guarantees that they will remove the brew of the month from the Brewfest meta achievement.

If they can cave over that bitching, they certainly will over the huge amount of bitching there will be concerning the brewfest one.

Anyone know what the next festival is? When it is on etc etc? Thanks.

theres an easter one and i believe a fire festival both on the way... cant remember off hand though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

This pretty much guarantees that they will remove the brew of the month from the Brewfest meta achievement.

we all knew it would be :p world of casualcraft what

Anyone know what the next festival is? When it is on etc etc? Thanks.

Next is Children's Week in May

Advertisement