Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any anti-Lisbon mods on the politics forum?

Options
  • 15-02-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

is there any anti lisbon mods on this forum or do you have to be pro lisbon to become a mod here
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

utick wrote: »
    is there any anti lisbon mods on this forum or do you have to be pro lisbon to become a mod here

Is this rhetorical? I think you need to take it to feedback at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Mena wrote: »
    Is this rhetorical? I think you need to take it to feedback at any rate.

not rhetorical, is a genuine question

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

In b4 lock, OP I think you should in future refrain from making threads when drunk. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    In b4 lock, OP I think you should in future refrain from making threads when drunk. :P

No lock, but will bump to feedback. I should point out, in case it's not obvious, that the forum in question is Politics.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Posting while drunk? Surely this is not going to be part of the treaty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I don't think I've ever publicly offered my opinion on Lisbon for what that's worth. Even if I did, it wouldn't affect my moderating decisions.

As far as I remember most of the politics mods have a view that they personally will vote for the Treaty in any forthcoming referendum but I've never once seen it influence their decisions on moderation and I'm pretty sure it'll never do so. Obviously they're perfectly entitled to have and hold a personal view on the thing as well. It's never been a deciding factor in choosing mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Seriously, if you think there's biased moderation going on please point it out. We work very hard to try and avoid it.

For the record I'm pro-Lisbon, on the economic right, relatively liberal with regards to social issues and a devout believer in fiscal conservatism. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

muffler wrote: »
    Posting while drunk? Surely this is not going to be part of the treaty?

Boo-urns, I'd have definitely voted yes if the EU made it compulsory to post while drunk. Maybe we could trade them something to do with abortion or neutrality, you know, the boring stuff, for a clause regarding drunken posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've changed the thread title from "is there any?" so we don't get distracted by mods of forum X or Y answering with a "yes".

Although the question's basically been answered, leaving it open for the OP to come back with a contribution if he/she likes, and other people may want to offer something useful (plus Feedback threads usually don't get locked till they lose their within-reason point for continuing etc).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When we appointed the mods (way back), I used the Boards Ltd Timemachine to jump forward to see the impending Lisbon debacle, then on my return I interviewed all possible mods, scanned all their brains at the sub atomic level and fed the data into our huge super-computer nexus located out in Digiweb. Models showed the most pro lisbon treaty candidates and we appointed them.

Then just to throw everyone off the case, we allowed Libertas to buy advertisment here.

Sorry, if you arent going to ask a proper question, I'm not going to give you a proper answer. I've no idea what their affiliations are. I know that the last time round we had a very productive and lively debate from both sides.

This thread is locked.

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement