Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Battle of the Bands

Options
  • 15-02-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

We (DIT GigSoc) are organising the Battle of the Bands this year. We've booked several dates at the ThinkTank on Eustace St. in Templebar (formerly the Hub, but now it's been refurbished it looks great!). If you're interested in applying, the form can be downloaded here. Once you've filled it out, send it to us at gigsocdit@gmail.com.

The BOTB is open to ANY BAND who has a current member in DIT. You don't have to be a member of GigSoc (though if you aren't, you can join :pac:), but all members do have to be over 18. Sorry if this affects any band, but it's the venues that will have the problem with it! The entry fee is €15, but you'll only have to pay that if you're accepted.

The closing date for applications is Friday, February 27th and the first date of the BOTB is Wednesday March 4th. Prizes will be announced soon!

There'll be drinks promos as well as reduced entry for students, good news for us all :D and finally, if you want to send the link for the entry form to amigos y amigas in DIT, its http://tinyurl.com/DITBOTB.

- GigSoc

gigsoclogo.jpg

PS - We've booked HEATHERS (www.myspace.com/heatherswhatsyourdamage) to play a free show this Wednesday from 1-2pm in DIT Aungier St., on the stage under Java.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

more like DIT battle of the SHAMs - now am i right?????

this will be good daev, any bands booked so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

conanm wrote: »
    more like DIT battle of the SHAMs - now am i right?????

this will be good daev, any bands booked so far?

all will be revealed soon :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

would you be interested in working with photography students, to shoot the gigs for you?

would you be interested in working with photography students, to shoot the gigs for you?

Definitely. You in Templebar? I know a few lads there. Send me a PM with some details anyway.

Unfortunately I can't edit my original post for whatever reason so here's the poster:

DITBattleoftheBandsposterresized.jpg

(Poster courtesy of Rob Hunt)

There'll be more when we've finalised the bands list :)

• Advertisement

Only a few days left to get your applications in :)

www.tinyurl.com/ditbotb

Final bump! www.tinyurl.com/ditbotb

The first heat is next Wednesday, March 4th. Bands will be announced shortly!

BOTBHeat1small.jpg

(poster again courtesy of Rob Hunt)

There's also a club on afterwards til late :D

Links to bands:
    Bojangled
    Falter Ego
    The Harm
    Flying Columns

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yevveh wrote: »
    Only a few days left to get your applications in :)

www.tinyurl.com/ditbotb
    yevveh wrote: »
    Final bump! www.tinyurl.com/ditbotb

The first heat is next Wednesday, March 4th. Bands will be announced shortly!

dude drop the tinyurl stuff...

May I ask why? That link was a link to the BOTB application form and using a tinyurl link was more convenient than my friends website where the url was significantly longer and would appear irrelevant given the url of his site is to do with photography.

• Advertisement

sorry dude mistook it for some nasty linking crap. nvm

free bump :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

boards.ie
    always on the pulse of the internet

Thanks to everyone for coming and making last night a good one :) congratulations to heat winners Falter Ego who'll be going through to the final in mid-April, and fair play to all the other bands (Bojangled, the Harm, Flying Columns) for playing some great sets. The next heat will be next Tuesday, bands will be announced shortly!

Finally if anyone found an mp3 player last night, please send me a PM - somebody robbed mine out of my leather jacket.

Totally forgot to put up the poster for Heat 2! Anyway, Heat 3 is tomorrow (Tuesday). Club after til late, drinks promos, and cheap entry if ya got your student card :)

l_b9bffb936a0a453f805c95bd3f8d5e85.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Well played on putting this all together

Cheers mate!

Advertisement