Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sax player needs gigging band

Options
  • 15-02-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

experienced tennor and alto sax player looking for paying gigs , studio work in dublin and the surrounds , dots and busking no problem , vast experience with all types of groups

any takers !!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor Brennan

Hi there,

I am setting up an instrumental & experiemental band which will consist of a number of versatile & experienced musicians. I saw your post and wanted t see if you have any interest. At present there are 3 drummers interested, 3 gtr players, clarinet player, singers and potentially some brass players....

the project is all about playing for pleasure - no stress, no pressure, no nonsense, just enjoying jamming with maybe a few gigs...

Let me know if you're into it

Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

hi , sorry but its paying the bills im into , i do all ready play with some groups for fun , and gig with two or 3 regular as a income , so im looking to pick up more slots !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fdscasti

Hi,

My name is Fernando and I am the bass player of the band. We are now re-organizing the band our previous violin player went back to Brazil. We mostly play a mixture of latin, funk and blues. Since we are formed by musicians with different background everybody can add something to the music.

We basicaly busk on the streets (selling our cd's on GRafton and Temple Bar basicaly) and we all work full time with the band. We have a manager as well that look after us and get the gigs for us. We have played several gigs over the last year, we playend in Button Factory (as a support for a french comediant), Porterhouse, we played for 3 months as a regular on Turks Head, regular in Le Cirk, Sugar Club, Mercantile and many other pubs that I don't remember (or don't know the name), we played some gigs outside dublin as well (Galway, Wexford, contryside of Cork...) and few festivals (World Cultures, Knockinstockan...)

We have already recorded a new cd but we are waiting to get our grip back in the band to release it. We are looking for somebody willing to busk and commited with the project, we are all serious and very hard working. If you want to meet for a chat or arrange a jam keep in touch.

Keep in touch!
    P.S - Sorry about the english, my grammar is terrible.hehehe

Thanks for your message and I hope to hear from you soon.

Fernando.

Advertisement