Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soulmates

Options
  • 15-02-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Do you believe in soulmates forever or do you believe you can truly love more than one person in your lifespan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Being in love with one person is quite different to loving many people as in family ,close friends obiously but yeah, some people are lucky to make a connection of sorts with another that is termed a Soulmate .As long as it's a connection not restricted or limited by other earthly issues then it can be a wonderful human expierence .Some people will fall in love many times but may be drawn back to a love from childhood / teen or older years .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

People grow - you can find a soulmate but that can in its very nature be limiting and perhaps you wont be soulmates in 5/10/15 years time. I would be more inclined to believe people (love) are in your life for a time where you give as much as you positively possibly can to each other when that finishes there may well be someone else out there in the future.

I do believe there is a "true love" but factors such as emotional maturity stablity class and experience need to be met. I think only few find true love and even then its not perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mayblue

thank you for the comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mayblue

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    People grow - you can find a soulmate but that can in its very nature be limiting and perhaps you wont be soulmates in 5/10/15 years time. I would be more inclined to believe people (love) are in your life for a time where you give as much as you positively possibly can to each other when that finishes there may well be someone else out there in the future.

I do believe there is a "true love" but factors such as emotional maturity stablity class and experience need to be met. I think only few find true love and even then its not perfect.

i would agree with you, thanks for leaving a comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I believe there is no such thing as a "soul", and ergo there cannot be any concept which is tied to that hypothesis.

I've already been in love several times. Love, being a badly understood chemical reaction in our brains, can come and go for untold reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

I believe there is no such thing as a "soul", and ergo there cannot be any concept which is tied to that hypothesis.

I've already been in love several times. Love, being a badly understood chemical reaction in our brains, can come and go for untold reasons.
    Somebody needs a hug! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tentmaker

mayblue wrote: »
    Do you believe in soulmates forever or do you believe you can truly love more than one person in your lifespan?
    There are both men and women who seem to have no idea of what love is. I meet them every day, and even have some living around me. Some don't even know what kindness is. However, I can say that too often one's ideal of pure love is nothing more than an unrealizable fantasy. But some people perfer the ephemerous thought to the realities of giving and sharing as one.
    What keeps me going is that the vast majority of women I meet have a natural understanding of love (probably has to do with the maternal impulses). One would hope that they might be able to, first, tame the man, and then teach him how to love. But it happens so infrequently in our society that one wonders how we manage to survive as a people.
    In some countries where the materialistic mind-set has not come to dominate life the woman appears better able to bring the man into harmony with her natural gifts. And in some very primitive societies this is absolutely true. So it might be that it is modern enculturation that is destroying the ability of man and woman to enter into a fully harmonious relationship. I suspect that the commercial prostitution of the woman in Western society wherein she is turned into nothing more than a sex object sets the stage for her being threated as though she doesn't deserve a man's full respect.
    A woman lives through her emotions. That is what the average man doesn't understand. She often sees the world in an alien light. He, trying to see that light, instead sees an alien. Her tendency to get excited or upset over utterly rediculous things at the suddenness of lightspeed sends him up a wall. He, being more a reasoning creature, is ever in the dark as to how one can live a life based on feelings.
    Other than food and shelter, a woman's most critical needs is emotional fulfillment. Some men are aware of it, but most are not. The vast majority of women are bitterly dis-satisfied and dangerously unfulfilled. Men just don't realize the danger that a disenchanted female poses. Hell, most of the time she doesn't realize the danger she poses.
    To my way of thinking, credit my grandmother's wisdom for it, a woman must find a man that she can educate about her needs if she is to find happiness. If she can't do it she is going to spend a lot of miserable days with and without a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Why not? If there is no soul

You have no higher conciousness, you have no real purpose, no sense of being?

Ever hear of a soul precense in someone. Thats them being truly alive. Energy comes in all forms, shapes and sizes. Try not to get carried away by the third demensional world.

There are many dimensions. The top scientists are studying this field of qunatam physics for a long time. it's facinating stuff. Seriously you should open your mind a little more

You have a few years to do it. Till most who are aware are ready for 2012. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

mayblue wrote: »

Thats a really stupid question in my opnion.
    That's like saying can I eat only one food or love on food for the rest of my life. That is just redicolous.

I love many people truly. I have soulmates, Karmic soulmates and I even painfully realise I have a twinflame. Your soul has work to do on this reality. The main purpose here, is to love. Loving another, is loving yourself unconditionally, loving this existence and loving the universe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement