Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 250 - Looking For Address Searching Tips

Options
  • 15-02-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just bought a Garmin 250. Playing around with it but am having problems searching for addresses. I am based in Cork but if for example, I search for the following Dublin address:

Sport HQ
    13 Joyce Way
    Park West
    Dublin 12

No matter what options I try, the only close match I get is:

13 Joyce Road,
    Dublin 9, County Dublin 9
    Ireland

I have tried the: Spell City/Spell Postal Code/Search All options

Any tips on how I could search on the correct address and any other address search tips would be appreciated. Also any way of stopping the predictive addresses that come up which are always wrong and stop you searching further

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Dromcill wrote: »
    Just bought a Garmin 250. Playing around with it but am having problems searching for addresses. I am based in Cork but if for example, I search for the following Dublin address:

Sport HQ
    13 Joyce Way
    Park West
    Dublin 12

No matter what options I try, the only close match I get is:

13 Joyce Road,
    Dublin 9, County Dublin 9
    Ireland

I have tried the: Spell City/Spell Postal Code/Search All options

Any tips on how I could search on the correct address and any other address search tips would be appreciated. Also any way of stopping the predictive addresses that come up which are always wrong and stop you searching further

Park West is Dublin 10

In search leave out the property number and name and you should find here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Dromcill

Thanks garydubh. Must brush up on my Dublin XX codes. The nearby Nangor Road shows up as Dublin 12 on the SAT Nav so that is where I was thrown off for my search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Dromcill wrote: »
    Thanks garydubh. Must brush up on my Dublin XX codes. The nearby Nangor Road shows up as Dublin 12 on the SAT Nav so that is where I was thrown off for my search.

No Problem - in searches, it is always worthwhile leaving out the property number and in Dublin not using the Postal Area as these are frought with potential for error. It is also useful to use the Search All option and in rural areas be prepared to use several different spellings.....

These are all the reasons that we developed PON Codes - a geographic Post Coding system for Ireland.

Advertisement