Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the Goths, All About Eve Education/Appreciation thread!

• 15-02-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

I've always said AAE were very much ahead of their time, especially from around 88-95. One of my big regrets was never getting to see them live when they reformed before they disbanded for the second time

Anyone any opinion on em? Cos I'm sure i'm not the only one that's heard Miss Regan & Co.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

Damn....these guys are good.
    I and by association
    3159399790_ee18beb7b0_o.jpg
    are very very pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Damn....these guys are good.
    I and by association
    3159399790_ee18beb7b0_o.jpg
    are very very pleased

I'm awaiting another reunion. It's probably as likely as a Sisters reunion but never say never. Regan has finished her work with The Eden House album, not sure if there's gonna be tour for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It's probably as likely as a Sisters reunion but never say never.

Don't want to veer off topic but aren't the Sisters playing a gig in London soon?

DAMN, they are????
    YES PLEASE!

peter1892 wrote: »
    Don't want to veer off topic but aren't the Sisters playing a gig in London soon?

It's really only Andrew Eldrtich, a couple of unknowns and a drum machine though. As opposed to Eldritch, Adams and Marx. :)

• Advertisement

you know
    i could live with that

you know
    i could live with that

No you couldn't!
    Trust me, go onto youtube and check out recent "sisters" performances. They sound terrible. Last time they played over here i think was at the Red Box (now Tripod) in 1997 and people walked halfway through the gig, it was that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They're most famous for the lip-syncing disaster on TOTP.

Nolanger wrote: »
    They're famous for the lip-syncing disaster on TOTP.

Fixed your post, trust me, that's not the most famous thing they're noted for.
    To their credit, it wasn't actually their fault either. Julianne mixing business with pleasure with some of the band being one. They were waiting for the cue which never came, they did get to perform again the following week.

Incidently, On the keepsakes set DVD, the TOTP cockup is there as an easter egg.
    Thanks for bringing it back on topic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah loved them back in the day. Julianne Regan really has a beautiful voice.

Probably their most famous release:

Another one off that same fantastic album:

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who got absolutely sick of Marthas Harbour over time though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

No you couldn't!
    Trust me, go onto youtube and check out recent "sisters" performances. They sound terrible. Last time they played over here i think was at the Red Box (now Tripod) in 1997 and people walked halfway through the gig, it was that bad.

Beg to differ Monsieur Raven, I was at that gig and it was amazing.

Peared wrote: »
    Beg to differ Monsieur Raven, I was at that gig and it was amazing.

Their recent gigs are bloody dire though, all over youtube and Eldritch sounds like total crap. But we all know the real Sisters Of Mercy died in 1986 anyway. ;)

Julianne Regan on the other hand, still has the voice, even during their second stint from 99-04.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I only have a couple of songs and they are outstanding. I would'nt be that mad about the more folkier songs though, I much prefer the more rocking songs such as 'In the Meadow, Every Angel, In The Clouds, December etc.

I only have a couple of songs and they are outstanding. I would'nt be that mad about the more folkier songs though, I much prefer the more rocking songs such as 'In the Meadow, Every Angel, In The Clouds, December etc.

I feel the same myself, which is why their self titled debut tends to get left on the shelf gathering dust, but Touched By Jesus and Ultraviolet get heavily played. Dig em out and give em a listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I feel the same myself, which is why their self titled debut tends to get left on the shelf gathering dust, but Touched By Jesus and Ultraviolet get heavily played. Dig em out and give em a listen.

I'll keep those in mind, thanks.

Advertisement